• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Pembinasa

First Post
OOC: Graydon will delay, as he is at least seeking to manage to bring Rusty out with him- if he is able to assist Rusty in a 'get-the-hell-out-of-here' action, he will do so. That takes seeing whether Rusty is actually trying to escape first, though.

So in the meantime, talking is a free action and telepathy even more so!

Sorry about putting you in 'time-out', but I'll bring you out just as soon as you won't be in immediate danger of dealing with fiendish monsters who would really like to curl up with a good book- beg pardon, there's an interruption.

Jerking his head up at the unfamiliar message, Graydon saw nothing but rafters- not that THAT stopped him, of course. "So you're the ghost following us around; in more civilized circumstances I'd love to chat. In the meantime, you've no need to deal with stairs or intervening floors the way I do; why don't you head up early and get this Bix ready to lend his aid? I'll be along right after you, but there's something here I'd rather not lose."

Glancing over at Liliana, he gestured to come toward him- but focused right back on Rusty after that, practically trying to haul him over by sheer force of mind. "Rusty, come HITHER!"

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Yes, Shard's action would take place on her initiative. Um. If there's no 'loths left in the portal to block out by then, I may revise that action. :( )

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Don't forget you can still talk out of initiative order, and narrate your actions in such a way that you're about to or in the process of doing something without actually taking the action, which might change on your turn. Initiative's a little funny that way. :)

Blocking the portal is still a valid strategy, although the initiative count did put something of a crimp in it. 5e's yugoloths are interesting in that they're the only fiendish race that retains an old standby of 2e fiends: teleport. However it does use up their action to use it, not just a move, and there may still be more outside the portal beyond the ones you see. But it's an environmental hazard that gives the Jilted Planes' defenders a hard corner to push the yugoloths into, which isn't too shabby.

Quickleaf

Legend
Telepathally, to Graydon:

"I was always curious what happened to my familiar when I dismissed him. This...is not what I expected. I feel like I'm floating in a most peculiar way...

Well, I appreciate your sarcasm but the arcanoloth - that fox looking fiend - actually probably would like to steal your spellbook...Um, me I mean.

By the by, not that the portly bartender would endorse this option, but you might collapse the fireplace as a last resort. A portal cannot function without its bounded space, after all, Conjurer."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Glancing over at Liliana, he gestured to come toward him- but focused right back on Rusty after that, practically trying to haul him over by sheer force of mind. "Rusty, come HITHER!"

Liliana catches the nod, waves in return but Vessuki is already flying her towards the stairs. He looks back over his shoulder at the fairy, "Well, WE shall get this Bix person ready for everyone to follow." Lili is about to reply but her retort is lost in her throat as the dragon zooms this way and that around people and obstacles in his way to get up the stairs.

OOC: They will fly as far as they can until they get to Bix, well, the door in which he is behind.

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Initiative countdown:

1. Oz (22)
2. Shandrizar (20)
3. Picayune (20)
4. Enemies- Yugoloths (19)
5. Graydon (17)
6. Liliana (13)
7. NPCs- The Jilted Planes (11)
8. Party (10)
9. Rusty (7)

I'm thinking we might have lost our tout @goatunit, guys.

Barstle grunts, more bruised than wounded. His mage armour blunts the worst of the damage, and the barman is surprisingly light on his feet-- not that he needs to be. The half-elf vanishes in a flash of light and smoke, and by the time your eyes fall on him again he's on the other side of the room. A stroke of lightning arcs from his splayed palms, cutting across the two yugoloth's unguarded backs.

The Athar paladin moves easily in behind the burnt-smelling mezzoloth. With the tip of his rapier, he tips up the blank, silvery medal around his neck. Divine power surges through him, though puzzlingly-- to Shard at least-- it is without mark of good or evil, or indeed any sign of deific intent. It is...unsettling, to say the least.

Acting in tandem, Adal and the tiefling fence in the mezzoloth with their shields. The bariaur attacks twice with fierce, reckless spear thrusts.

“...Guess I might as well.” Unnoticed until that moment, the tall, languid frame of the duke, Hathfall, suddenly lunges up from the table where he’d been sitting. A dagger flips out of his sleeve, and he drives it down toward the cracked mezzoloth’s upper shell, around what you might call its neck. “Joining us, Dustman?” he remarks in Eurid’s direction.

Barstle calls to you over the crackling din. “We’ll hold ‘em, don’t you fret none! Up the stairs with the lot of yeh!”

With a faint, wan smile, the man in the flower-print shirt turns and walks toward the gate. He levels the gun in the direction of the fox-headed fiend, pulls the trigger and fires.

The abruptness of the noise rings throughout the musty basement, overpowering everything else.

[sblock=i aM erROr]
Disregard; still having problems with the site roller, not sure why. See below for Coyotecode rolls.

[roll0], [roll1]. [roll2],[roll3],[roll4], [roll5], [roll6]. [roll7],[roll8] [roll9] [roll10][roll11][roll12] [roll13],[roll14], [roll]1d4+5[roll] [roll15] [roll16][roll17] [roll18].
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Unsung

First Post
[sblock=Behind the DM's Screen]
Barstle: Bonus Action- casts misty step; Action- casts lightning bolt at mezzoloths, Dexterity Save DC 15 - one-armed mezzoloth (11, failed), cracked mezzoloth (8, failed), failure: 25 lightning damage.
Mezzoloth saving throws: 1D20 = [8] = 8
1D20 = [11] = 11

Barstle - lightning bolt damage: 8D6 = [3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 3, 6, 5] = 25

Sir Tantamoul: Action- Channel Divinity: Turn the Unholy, Wisdom Save DC 17 - smoking mezzoloth (12, failed), one-armed mezzoloth (14, failed), cracked mezzoloth (13, failed), dergholoth (12, failed), arcanoloth (22, succeeded); moves to flank smoking mezzoloth with Adal.
Tantamoul turns the unholy, DC 17 - mezzoloths (3), dergholoth, arcanoloth: 1D20 = [12] = 12
1D20 = [14] = 14
1D20 = [13] = 13
1D20-2 = [14]-2 = 12
1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22

Adalbjorg: Action- Attack with spear against smoking mezzoloth with advantage - 23 vs AC 18, hit: 11 piercing damage; Extra Attack - 22 vs AC 18, hit: 12 piercing damage.
Adalbjorg attacks smoking mezzoloth with advantage: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20
1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22
1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14
1D6+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D6+6 = [6]+6 = 12

Duke Hathfall: moves to flank cracked mezzoloth with Adal; Action- Attack with dagger against cracked mezzoloth with advantage - 22 vs AC 16, hit: 7 piercing damage plus 8 Sneak Attack damage; Bonus Action- Disengage.
Duke Hathfall attacks cracked mezzoloth with advantage: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22
1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15
1D4+6 = [1]+6 = 7
4D6 = [3, 1, 2, 2] = 8

‘Hawaiian Joe’, ‘Flower Child Man’: moves toward portal; Bonus Action- casts ensnaring strike using a 5th level slot; Action- Attack with 9mm against arcanoloth - 26 vs AC 17, hit: 16 piercing and bludgeoning damage, Strength Save DC 18 (22, succeeded).
Joe casts ensnaring strike against arcanoloth; arcanoloth Strength Save DC 18: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
3D6+5 = [2, 6, 3]+5 = 16
1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22

Smoking mezzoloth hp 15/77, fleeing
One-armed mezzoloth hp 10/71, fleeing
Cracked yugoloth 0/61, dead
Dergholoth 81/94, fleeing
Arcanoloth hp 32/96[/sblock]

The flash from the tiefling's 'holy' symbol draws anguished hisses from yugoloths, as all of them but the arcanoloth buckle and cower away from its dim but oddly penetrating light.

The duke's dagger manages to find a soft spot in the yugoloth's carapace, and it slowly slides off the blade, slumping to the floor.

The last echoes of the gunshot fade, and a brackish ichor blossoms on the fox-monster's brightly patterned robes. On the streets of Torch, a flower grows: vines curls up around the arcanoloth, enveloping it little white daisies with thick ropy stems that threaten to bind the fiend.

With a strength the belies its diminutive frame, however, the 'loth folds its arms and then throws its hands to its sides, snapping the vines in one fast motion. They fall to the ground and wither at its slipper-clad feet. It leers and snickers nastily. It's a sound that carries, like a stench.

Last edited:

Unsung

First Post
It's easy enough finding a way to the back stairs-- past the now-empty table, still strewn with dirty plates and dishes, with a playing card sticking straight up out of a mound of mashed potatoes with a crushed cheroot pushed into them.

As you move up toward the stairs, you can see a woman in red armour coming back through the door-- one of the Harmonium guards you saw earlier, the one that was sitting at the bar. "Is there anyone else down here?" she asks, eyes wide and alert.

OOC: It will take about 30 feet of movement to make it onto to the stairs. If you Dash, you can make it to the next floor, within shouting distance of what you've been told is Bix's door.

Up next, Shard (@Shayuri) and Rusty (@Kiraya_TiDrekan). Then back to the top of the count for Round 2. :)

Remove ads