• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (IC)

"Anyone see another way in or out of this side of the inn? Devlin said he didn't see anyone meeting with the three men who took this room, but if they came in through the window or a side door, he wouldn't have seen much. Maybe there's a serving girl who survived the ogre attack who might have seen something that Devlin didn't."

She paused. "I admit, it seems unlikely the meeting concluded before the ogre attack. But the thought of dispatching a motley gang of ogres curdles my blood enough to want to be surer about our tack before we leave town."

Forged Fury

First Post
As the group discussed their findings and plans, the groaning sound increased significantly. Unsurprisingly, the floor of the Harbor Room gave way due to the cumulative weight, crashing into the harbor. Devlin can be heard shouting over the din, "What's going on back there?!?"

GM: [roll0] Damage, DC13 DEX save for half. Everyone needs to roll a save. If you fail, you take full damage and fall into the harbor.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo's legendary luck shows up once danger actually arrives and although he fetches up painfully on broken timbers, he avoids the full tumble into the water. Muttering a brief prayer of thanks, he pulls himself up to a more stable section and calls back to Devlin.

"Um ... yeah, not so safe back here. Structural issues. Best keep back."

OOC: dex save - [roll0]
HP: 20/27

Gnorth felt the weight of the floor shifting beneath his feet.
"I guess we start this adventure off on the wrong-"

OOC: [roll0]

Gnorth manages to dive over towards the door, though recieved a nasty gash on his leg from the splitting timber.

"-shoe."

Olrox17

Hero
"Oh shi..." the floor disappeared under Corilo in a second, and his usually sharp reflexes didn't help him this time.

OOC: Dex Save [messed up the roll, rolled in the other thread. I failed the save]

"...iieeeet!" Corilo crashed down the Harbor, loudly "I'm...I'm okay. Ouch."

Last edited:

Brue winced as a large beam knocked into her shoulder as she tumbled. There'd be bruises from the blow. She fell into the water with an ungainly splat, sending up a plume of salt water through the floor of the inn. More, the weight of her armor did her no favors; she immediately struggled to find purchase on the sandy harbor floor and to swim.

[roll0]

Egon

First Post
The floor gives way underneath Boddynock, and his reflexes aren't quite quick enough to save him. He is hit hard with falling debris and pushed through the floor, falling very hard into the harbor below.

OOC: Failed DEX Save by 1

Hit Points: 16/30
Spell Slots: 3/3

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo dusts himself off and looks over to Gnorth, then down into the harbor, wincing slightly.

"You think they're okay down there?"

OOC: If needed for rescue ... or to escape repair charges from angry innkeepers, what would be required to make it safely down to the harbor? How far down?

Brue found footing on the harbor bottom and, righting herself and sputtering sea water, stalked back to shore. When she realized Corilo and Schepp had also taken a tumble into the harbor, however, she stopped short and helped the gnome right himself. "All your belongings still on you?" She was mindful of the gnome's tinkering bits. Remembering her ill behavior at the pair's first meeting, Brue's cheeks dotted with color. Still, she helped Schepp find his way to firm footing, then left him to his own devices; it wouldn't do to coddle him too much.

Brue's hair was plastered to her head when she made her way back into the Tankard. She found the Gnorth. "I'd like to take you up on your offer of a drink." She eyed his flask.

The flask found itself shoved into Brue's hands before the water wounded woman could finish the sentence.

"See, not a stick in the mud," Gnorth laughed, "Brue in the Bay!"

Remove ads