D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It’s possible that- like the common cold- fibromyalgia is a syndrome, not a single disease. If so, multiple causes could make finding solutions EXTREMELY difficult.

Zardnaar

Legend
Last vaccine was January 2022. Due July 2022. I got covid start of July. Don't need one for 6 months.
Go back in January didn't qualify for various bureaucratic reasons. Come back in April.

Got sidetracked two months late and 18 months after last shots. Talking to the lady about it and she basically thought it was stupid. They had the vaccines and dumped a heap because they expired.

On the plus side I'm getting the vaccine shot on Monday plus the flu shot and prescriptions are now free. I'll need a doctor's appointment and total cost might be around $25 USD..

Local hospital build is also a shambles. Bureaucracy same around the world. There csneled 0lans to build sone sort of training building.

Father in law has a semi urgent visit to the hospital. 20 week wait he showed me the paperwork last night. Joked an urgent one was only 10 weeks.

Thomas Shey

Legend
It feels like it should be an annual thing, like the flu shot. I've been falling down on the job about it and only got my first covalent booster since my last shot, back in December of 2021.

That's been my instinct here, but the last I've seen on the subject didn't seem to be in agreement.

JEB

Legend
Based on Googling the question, the bivalent booster starts losing effectiveness after a few months and loses most of its effectiveness after about six months. So really we should be getting it twice a year.

However, the CDC etc. apparently want to switch to an annual schedule, as with flu shots. (Probably in hopes of lumping the shots together and getting more folks on board - uptake of the bivalent booster was pathetically low.)

The compromise seems to be to allow folks with weaker immune systems (such as those over 65) to get a second bivalent if they want it, about four months after their initial bivalent dose. (It'd be nice to also allow that optional second booster to folks generally.) Previous second-boosters weren't effective as long as the first, just a few months or so, but I don't know what the numbers are for the second bivalent booster.

Apparently if you got the bivalent booster and subsequently caught Covid anyway, your effective protection is significantly extended... though they don't seem to be sure exactly how long that "hybrid immunity" lasts (I've heard numbers like eight months or even a year). Of course, that requires you to risk getting Long Covid, so I wouldn't exactly recommend it...

Last edited:

Remove ads