D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
We're slowly reopening. 3 new cases today.

700+ cases of failure to meet level 3 lockdown requirements.

Theoretically eliminated community thread. Theoretically our lockdowns still going and is supposed to be similar to everyone else's.

People took relaxing of restrictions to mean business as usual. Once again the tourists thought they could go on as usual.

On the flip side others are enjoying lockdown. Some of the idiots rushing out for KFC and McDonalds will be here in a few months.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Unless it greatly impacts the billionaires, it doesn't matter to our government.

Some here wanted to throw the beneficiary s into Mt Ruapehu (volcano) to see if that would make Covid go away.

It's not the 1990's anymore so they would ask for volunteers first. Failing that just throw some Maccas and KFC into the crater.

Might work right?

Italy 2.0:(.

Last edited:

Unless it greatly impacts the billionaires, it doesn't matter to our government.

Sad but true. We've seen several people on US news outlets say that people should simply 'die for the economy', which is mind blowing. I also suspect a bunch of people are trying to heavily benefit from this crisis. There's probably a good reason hydroxychloroquine was being peddled so heavily lately.

Hussar

Legend
Japan question from earlier.

[/URL]

NZ is doing more testing. Not per capita but full stop.

Oh, I know. It's mind blowing. And, the deaths are also not being tested as well. Japan doesn't do autopsies on the overwhelming majority of deaths. It's one of the reasons that Japan's crime rate is so low. Poison your wife? Not a problem, she just died because she got sick. No worries. :erm:

It's truly, truly frightening.

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh, I know. It's mind blowing. And, the deaths are also not being tested as well. Japan doesn't do autopsies on the overwhelming majority of deaths. It's one of the reasons that Japan's crime rate is so low. Poison your wife? Not a problem, she just died because she got sick. No worries. :erm:

It's truly, truly frightening.

Yeah NZ stats don't look so good in some areas but the stats are reasonably honest.

In Covid cases we count probables, Belgium counts probable deaths in home deaths.

I like Russia. Criticize Putun you accidentally fall out your apartment window. Build smaller windows accidental drownings in the dishwasher goes up.

Turkmenistan just bans all mentions of Covid.

Stats in western Europe reasonably accurate.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Sad but true. We've seen several people on US news outlets say that people should simply 'die for the economy', which is mind blowing. I also suspect a bunch of people are trying to heavily benefit from this crisis. There's probably a good reason hydroxychloroquine was being peddled so heavily lately.

Well as usual money will be going to be corporations to 'bail them out'. There could be a conspiracy around hydroxycholorquine but it's more likely that it's just reaching at straws to say something positive.

On the topic of sacrificing people for the economy Trump has ordered that meat processing facilities that closed due to worker sickness and death due to COVID 19 be reopened. His action is to remove liability from the owners so that they are more freely able to put their workers in harm's way. The focus is not on worker safety but legal safety of the owners.

The same issue is occurring in Canada with meat processing facilities. It is unclear what the Prime Minister is planning to do about it, but I doubt it is going to be that.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There’s more to the hydro thing than desperation:

IOW:

1) a drug with known issues- including blindness and possible death from the very first dose- gets touted as a possible treatment/cure. It gets pushed hard by certain pepole. Testing starts, but is stopped when those issues crop up again.

2) A newer drug showing actual promise in clinical trials starts emerging as a potential treatment/cure for Covid-19 starts getting some press, and one of the other drug’s cheerleaders badmouths it.

1588236728294.jpeg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases