D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
American friend sent me this.

WTF is going in there. Apparently it's a conservative piece. Not familiar with the source.

We've had 4 people break out of mandatory quarantine out of around 4000.

It's not exactly prison camps you spend 14 days in a motel. Probably boring but steak, lamb, catering look after you. Costs the government about $8000. Cost to you 0 except two weeks.

You can leave the country, two weeks Quarantine on reserve. No one's forcing returning NZers to come home but yeah mandatory quarantine.

In the article it mentions new cases. Fails to mention they're all imported.

Compliance is 99.9% atm. Love American news. It's why I use BBC/Reuters.

Hussar

Legend
It's utterly shocking what people will believe.

People would actually rather believe the New Zealand is turning into a police state than any other alternative. :erm:

I bet you could solve the energy crisis if you could hook up Occam to a turbine right now. He must be spinning in his grave at damn near light speed.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's utterly shocking what people will believe.

People would actually rather believe the New Zealand is turning into a police state than any other alternative. :erm:

I bet you could solve the energy crisis if you could hook up Occam to a turbine right now. He must be spinning in his grave at damn near light speed.

Well you could theoretically do it easy enough passing two laws. Well repealing one and passing another.

Ryujin

Legend
American friend sent me this.

WTF is going in there. Apparently it's a conservative piece. Not familiar with the source.

We've had 4 people break out of mandatory quarantine out of around 4000.

It's not exactly prison camps you spend 14 days in a motel. Probably boring but steak, lamb, catering look after you. Costs the government about $8000. Cost to you 0 except two weeks.

You can leave the country, two weeks Quarantine on reserve. No one's forcing returning NZers to come home but yeah mandatory quarantine.

In the article it mentions new cases. Fails to mention they're all imported.

Compliance is 99.9% atm. Love American news. It's why I use BBC/Reuters.

There's a widely circulated media bias graph, that seems to be the go-to for many. It rates Daily Wire as being high on factual inaccuracy and far to the Right.

Zardnaar

Legend
There's a widely circulated media bias graph, that seems to be the go-to for many. It rates Daily Wire as being high on factual inaccuracy and far to the Right.

Yeah I didn't check it this time. Only slightly out if context.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
(So since this is technically also a D&D thread....)

Is anyone finding that groups are shying away from "plague" as a theme in games they're playing or otherwise aware of?

I have no input on the matter, as I'm not actively playing. I'm just curious about others' experiences.

Eh. I mean, I like a good Grandpappy Nurgle campaign. However, we typically use the game to escape reality for a few hours every two weeks. So I won't be doing anything like this for a while at least.

Remove ads