D&D and the rising pandemic

niklinna

satisfied?
Well I did just read about how the mRNA vaccines' benefits start to fade after six months or so, and I'm coming up on that. Wondering when I'll be hearing something more formal about booster shot programs.

Mikeythorn

Explorer
Well I did just read about how the mRNA vaccines' benefits start to fade after six months or so, and I'm coming up on that. Wondering when I'll be hearing something more formal about booster shot programs.
As I understood the reporting around this, the benefit in terms of “preventing infection” drops after six months (with Pfizer 95% effectiveness drops to 80%), but the benefit in terms of “preventing serious illness” is still there. In other words, after six months you do risk getting Covid, but the risk of getting seriously ill as a result remains very low. I do think the way the story has been covered has not really been clear enough on that latter point.

cmad1977

Hero
I have a theory. Rename the Moderna vaccine to something else and market as cattle vitamin supplement or something. Zardocon or whatever.

Don't give it away but charge money for it. Put a disclaimer on it saying that Zardocon absolutely cannot be used for Covid treatment.

Add in something like
“Joe Biden and his cabal say this doesn’t work!”

About a month ago some guy was selling a cure for 5G, and I can't help but be a little bit jealous that I didn't think of that.

Also, some folk are selling ordinary usb sticks as anti-5G devices. Stroke of genius.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Today's update of stupidity:

The local doctor heading up COVID-19 efforts has been targeted and people have attacked his computer system (disabling it with a virus) along with sending spam, threatening emails, and constant harassing phone calls.

His sin? He said that Joe Rogan and ivermectin was malarkey.

Good times!

Remove ads