• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's absolutely true in a case where its not already propagated (as is the case with Omicron), but in cases where the country is blocked off for months its absolutely pointless; the number of people bringing it in area smaller than the number within the area spreading it.

We should note: Omicron was first detected and isolated in South Africa. That does not tell us where it originated. It could easily have come to South Africa from elsewhere, and they were just the first ones to have noted it was an unknown strain.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'm not surprised that it has been found on other continents. The way the virus works with people becoming contagious before symptoms strike, it's almost impossible to contain.

I also agree with @Umbran that it might not have originated in South Africa. It was discovered about 2 weeks ago and is already making up as many as 90% of the new cases in South Africa. That's a very, very rapid spread if it just originated there a few weeks ago.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Getting flu vaccines likely also correlates with better access to and utilization of preventative healthcare - as in people who get flu vaccines probably more likely get yearly checkups and stuff.
and perhaps even living in cities. Those who live nearer hospitals and medical facilities get to them for emergencies quicker and have longer life spans. And those in the cities may also feel the immediacy of more people they need to protect themself from disease more. Even strong correlations may occur from a lot of different routes. Guess that mostly counts as better access.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm holding out for Omicron Seti III.

Even better - Omicron Persei 8
1638199180988.png

Zardnaar

Legend
Oz and NZ highest levels if trust in science.

It's not universal though.

NZs first Herman Cain award. His Facebook feed full of the usual anti vax bilge.

Last edited:

Remove ads