D&D and the rising pandemic

GreyLord

Legend
On gaming, I tried starting a new game up via online tools, or a thing some of you may use or know about called Portal. No contact between us except a screen. Multiple people can be on screen at the same time all talking to each other.

We tried to do character creation (In the end, I ended up just rolling six stats and telling everyone to use that, I couldn't see what everyone was rolling and it was becoming chaos). We finally got characters made, and I've started running Dungeon of the Mad Mage. See how that goes.

So far, it's not as fun (but that's probably because the chaos of character creation. Normally I like to see the rolls. Not sure how I'm going to check rolls on this with half of the rolls being out of site of the screen).

Could go well, or not.

On the otherhand, if ALL of us (not all of us have this yet) are forced to stay at home in our houses, it could be that we end up doing a LOT of playing via portal as we will all have a ton more time.

Other than that, been reading a lot of the FFG Star Wars RPG, which reminds me I want to put a poll up on that.

Longspeak

Adventurer
I already game online, and last weekend my online gaming saw its first corona-related hiccup. One player had been working from home and needed to makeup lost hours, while another was going emergency supply shopping with family. Still, only a hiccup.

The week before we had minor roll20 disruptions because of the increased server load of many more games running.

My wife and son are no longer doing their weekly game - and as of today are forbidden to by order of the Governor of Washington.

I work in an essential business and we're open right now, with all precautions in place. But... business is down so much I worry we'll close anyway. Well, I say "worry." But honestly, I'd feel safer at home. But... as long as we're open, I can't go home without giving up my paycheck. If we close, I have recourses. If I just stay home, my family and I have other issues.

The best part is, right after Governor Inslee issued the order on Monday, we received the news that the main bridge we take to and from work is closing indefinitely due to structural issues found in the last inspection. Someone REALLY doesn't want my family going to work.

Agreed! There are places in the world that are quite warm now and are still experiencing deaths from Covid-19

More specifically, the hypothesis is that hot and humid together suppress the virus. Just hot would not be enough, so yes to the tropics, but no to a lot of Africa, for example. So if this ends up being true, we would see a more rapid recovery in Florida than in New York during the Summer.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Yep. My state officially declared the "safer-at-home" in effect, yesterday.

Still driving the few minutes to work as our company is designated as essential. Quite busy as well. This business is currently pumping out reagents for the COVID-19 test kits and some testing instruments as fast as it can.

While most are working from home it is still very much all hands on deck.

Parents just got back from Texas over the winter and I had to tell them it will be a month at least before I can see them. Which is totally fine. Both have existing health conditions that could result it making them more susceptible to complications if they get sick.

On a lighter note, I did just get my Arcana of the Ancients from Monte Cooks kickstarter for Numenera material for 5e.

Also working on converting as much of my current home campaign to Roll20 as quickly as I can. Just need a good mape making tool. Give me a shout if anyone has a good recommendation. Was waiting for DungeonFog but... time table has been briskly pushed forward. Lol.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Finally got most of the bugs worked out. Still some minor ones (like not all PCs having their darkvision working right with dynamic lighting), but we're good to go for Roll20 with discord as the audio

Zardnaar

Legend
For those of you who think ordering from Amazon is a good/ethical idea.

Last package I bought I got it direct from the publisher. Cost more but oh well.

They've shut down online shopping and delivery here. Use what you have,PDFs/online or take a break IMHO.

Remove ads