D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There was also this guy:
That’s horrible theology on his part. God probably doesn’t wear suits & ties either. The logical conclusion to his concept is going around all a-jolly-dangle like Adam & Eve.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It’s worse than that: there are now forged/faked documents floating around that people are using to fraudulently claim they need to be exempted from wearing masks due to illness or medical conditions. I’ve been telling my friends & family who work in retail and food service that if they are shown such a document, they need to call the police.

Ugh.

So, interesting note - those documents refer to the ADA - the Americans with Disabilities Act. That act does not say you need to be served normally. It says that, when at all possible, the business needs to make "reasonable accommodations" for you. "Ma'am, please wait here, we'll have one of our staff shop for you / get your meal to go," is a reasonable accommodation. And trying to pretend you have a disability to get accommodations, when you are not disabled, constitutes fraud. In the mask case, depending on the legal status on masks in the area, it may also be considered creating a public health hazard.

Zardnaar

Legend
Bleah. Happy news

Aged 100+ survived Mussolini and corona.

American lockdown wasn't that strict even in New York.

Not at the 2nd wave yet more like 1.5 perhaps.

Random picture just because. My hometown, Southern Alps visible in distance.

FB_IMG_1593067955211.jpg

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
American lockdown wasn't that strict even in New York.

It is starting to seem like "strict lockdown" isn't necessary to get the issue under control in many places. Semi-strict, and use of masks, may do the trick - that's what we are seeing in MA. Our rolling 7-day average of new cases has been decreasing for two months, now, and our Rt is down around 0.67. We have taken some reopening steps, and they have not led to a spike of new cases.

But you really need people to be wearing the gorram masks.

Remove ads