D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just to make a point, I'm not getting a haircut until the lockdown ends in my area and Coronavirus is under control. (that is, if that ever happens)
I’m getting pretty shaggy.

I have confirmed I’m on the schedule for this Wednesday, but with the numbers in Texas starting to illustrate the boneheadedness of our current reopening plan- and how many people are actually following safety guidelines- the Gov has hit pause and closed certain businesses again. Because of the risk that barbers may be next, I picked up a set of clippers and guards.

Hopefully, I won’t have to engage in any autotopiary, but I can if need be.

And if it does come down to that, I do plan on capturing one more photo of my pandemic ’fro. The picture I took a while back stunned one of my cousins (she’s a trainee stylist)- she hadn’t seen that much hair on my head since 1992.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Twas but a joke/observation.

Ah, the old, "it was just a joke, have a sense of humor" defense.

You know that's a trash excuse, right? Did you actually think that would work?

Hard to campaign on more tax in USA yes?

Doubling down trying to justify it as true does not make it look like you were joking, dude.

The country's got a lot it could be criticized for, both past and present. But "jokes" from folks who are not actually in the thick of it are not a valid form of criticism.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ah, the old, "it was just a joke, have a sense of humor" defense.

You know that's a trash excuse, right? Did you actually think that would work?

Doubling down trying to justify it as true does not make it look like you were joking, dude.

The country's got a lot it could be criticized for, both past and present. But "jokes" from folks who are not actually in the thick of it are not a valid form of criticism.

It was meant as a joke. If I wanted to insult America let's face it it's to easy.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In the history of infectious diseases, it isn’t too uncommon to find that a pathogen discovered and named in Year X was actually circulating months, years or even decades before. AIDS, for instance, is now known to have been infecting humans since at least the 1920s. But it’s symptoms disguised it’s true identity, so it hid in the numbers for cancer, tuberculosis and other afflictions until it was identified in the 1980s. It wasn’t ID’d until- among other factors- doctors noticed highly improbable clusters of rare diseases and started looking into causes.

It’s possible that COVID-19 has been hiding among the death statistics of supposed flu victims, certain organ failure and stroke victims...not to mention all those who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms that could be passed off as a “seasonal crud”.

Hell, a few years ago, everyone in our household was sick at the same time, but none of us had the same symptoms. We know what happened to Mom- she had a perfect storm of several different minor infections, some blood sugar, anemia and other issues combine to send her to the hospital. But my Dad and I? All we know is, despite certain symptoms, neither of us had the flu. I’m not saying either of us had Covid, but we don’t know what we had, so it’s possible (but not very probable) we did.

Zardnaar

Legend
Back up to 20 cases.

Catching it at the border.

But....

Under extreme stress.

So far it's working. Wouldn't be surprised if something goes wrong.

Remove ads