D&D and the rising pandemic

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Felt good enough to come in yesterday to make up for my missed class Tuesday (thought it was just change of weather allergies late Monday but more aches than usual), but took the COVID test Wednesday AM and hadn't heard back yet. Results came back this AM, all good, and I'm back in to catch up on work.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Exactly, so why do we need yet another party just to announce the baby's sex? We already celebrate when people are expecting a baby, and when a baby is born. Why do we need a third, especially if so many stupid (and deadly) things are being done for the occasion?

People like them, personally I'm very bah humbug.

"Congratulations you achieved something pretty much every mammal can do".

I mean coming up to 8 billion humans.

Followed by once it's older.

"Get back to me once you can talk".

Babies pretty much are self propelled poo factories that cry.

Kids seem to like me though as I'll keep them entertained either via old toys I kept or old school activities such as "the great outdoors". Nieces and nephews love it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Posted in r/Australia and reposted in r/NewZealand.

e44735a.png

Outside of Victoria/Melbourne they're almost as good as us;)

ANZACS since 1915.

I liked it anyway.

Zardnaar

Legend
Meanwhile, in Florida...

AR9vECO.mp4

Ours got their clearance on Monday to run at 100%. Before that limited to 100.

Local place tonight bar was essentially deserted. Had 2 people in it while the restaurant part was 75% or so full.

Often they're hanging off the rafters.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Ours got their clearance on Monday to run at 100%. Before that limited to 100.

The difference is that you have very little going on, and in Florida that announcement came a day after Florida set a record for daily deaths in the state.

As you repeatedly remind folks that you're basically safe and happy, the Americans are looking at 200K dead, and the Europeans are looking at rising case numbers. You want to keep that in mind, as you are at risk of looking... inappropriately smug.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’d say appropriately smug. He’s in one of the countries where leadership and general populace are working (largely) together.

We, OTOH, have a 3-Ringed Cat Circus overseen by a mix of Border Collies and drunken monkeys.

Meanwhile in the Netherlands, we've been unable to do enough testing for a long time, because the people in charge have close financial ties to local hospital labs, and didn't want to hire German robot labs (that are much better equiped for mass testing).

For your entertainment, check out this wonderful summary of this circus of incompetence, by Dutch comedy show Zondag met Lubach (with subtitles).

(In short: The Dutch Outbreak Management Team (OMT) and our minister of health have severely let us down, and their incompetence has resulted in the loss of thousands of lives.)

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
The difference is that you have very little going on, and in Florida that announcement came a day after Florida set a record for daily deaths in the state.

As you repeatedly remind folks that you're basically safe and happy, the Americans are looking at 200K dead, and the Europeans are looking at rising case numbers. You want to keep that in mind, as you are at risk of looking... inappropriately smug.

It's why I don't put daily updates only when something new happens.

Remove ads