D&D and the rising pandemic

MarkB

Legend
Well thats a foolish line of thinking.
I mean, at least one of you is venturing out to the grocery store.... guess what? So's everyone else. Even sick/unknowingly infected people.
All you need to do is come in contact with one & get unlucky.
Just wait until something around the house seriously breaks & you need a repairman. Whats he bringing besides tools???
Ok, so you & yours aren't in much danger of actual death-by-flu if you do catch it. But do you really want to lay about sick as dogs infecting each other?
Just go get your flu shot.
Plus there's also the unlucky possibility of getting infected by the flu and COVID-19 simultaneously. I'm guessing that would be very much not a good time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Because it is sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees...

The following is a graph of the seven-day average of new cases per day in the US over time. On this graph, Day 0 is roughly the beginning of March. Day 60 is the beginning of May. Day 120 is the beginning of July, and day 180 is the beginning of September.

1602787376771.png

Last edited:

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
I'm not getting a flu vaccine this year. There's not really much of a reason to for my family. We've been staying home for months, almost never meeting with other people. The likelihood of us getting the flu this year is extremely unlikely, and even if we did, no one is overly vulnerable to the regular flu.

I got a flu shot because 1) it is extremely easy to get a flu shot in the US (its free at your local CVS), 2) I'd rather not get sick or get anyone else sick, and 3) the cost of having soreness in my arm for a few hours seems like an easy tradeoff to mitigate that risk. Hell, I got a few snacks while I was there too.

I bought myself a big bag of candy corn while I was at it.

I got a flu shot because 1) it is extremely easy to get a flu shot in the US (its free at your local CVS), 2) I'd rather not get sick or get anyone else sick, and 3) the cost of having soreness in my arm for a few hours seems like an easy tradeoff to mitigate that risk. Hell, I got a few snacks while I was there too.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Today my country reached over 85,000 official casualties. I'm almost sure neither of my grand uncles are accounted for. (Though there are also official estimates of over 96,000)

At the current rate, we could be reaching 100,000 official deaths by December. All of it in just 9 months.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases