D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Be interesting to see what others think. Communication seems key.

This clip is pointing out we've become a bit complacent once alert levels get lowered.

More including it because the start of it has shop windows where QR codes are displayed and it's day to day operations.

I read alot of news but don't generally watch the news mostly because we haven't had a TV reception last decade or so and use the internet for everything line that.

It's 4 minutes I suppose you could contrast it with home. Saw some CNN last week at father in law's as he still watches normal TV.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well...

Because of literal technical difficulties, we won’t be following through on our holiday food distribution plan. We probably won’t be able to get replacement appliances until sometime in December, so my ability to cook stuff in big batches is somewhat impaired until further notice.

In addition, Dad just got off the phone a few minutes ago: one of his employees has lost her sense of smell and tested positive on a preliminary quick test. So he’s making up and initiating self-quarantine. I was just in his office 2 days ago, so I may be following suit, even though I wasn’t anywhere near the employee in question.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well...

Because of literal technical difficulties, we won’t be following through on our holiday food distribution plan.

That's crummy. It sounded like you were looking forward to it.

I was just in his office 2 days ago, so I may be following suit, even though I wasn’t anywhere near the employee in question.
That's even crummier. Take care of yourself, dude!

Thomas Shey

Legend
It seems like most of the people here in the United States just got tired of it and simply decided the pandemic was over.

Except it isn't over. The virus doesn't care about how bored or frustrated you are with it. It doesn't care about how many weeks you've had to spend indoors with your children, and it doesn't care about the economy or the election either. It's still out there, still spreading, still killing people, and we still don't have a vaccine....and grown adults are acting like petulant children over the bare minimum precautions like "stay home" and "wear a mask."

This is the inherent problem with the fact modern medicine has managed to make serious aerosol spread illnesses virtually a thing of the past for more than half a century (and you can argue a century); there's no cultural understanding of what an epidemic really means, and how seriously you need to take it.

Zardnaar

Legend
This is the inherent problem with the fact modern medicine has managed to make serious aerosol spread illnesses virtually a thing of the past for more than half a century (and you can argue a century); there's no cultural understanding of what an epidemic really means, and how seriously you need to take it.

Outside Asia anyway. Europeans got a bit complacent imho since they have the "best health care systems in the world".

On other forums posters from Argentina and Switzerland are saying they're getting surges there is

Hearing about Spain etc on the news other nations not so much.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases