D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That's crummy. It sounded like you were looking forward to it.

That's even crummier. Take care of yourself, dude!
Yeah. I love to cook for people. That‘s why we have pots up to 30qts in this house!

Basically, as far as my plans go, Halloween is cancelled. Thanksgiving is cancelled. Christmas may be cancelled, depending on a variety of factors.

And not just for our gifting plans, either. Besides the turkey, several of the dishes I cook this time of year depend on using the oven. ESPECIALLY the bread puddings I make to give to the neighbors. I have other appliances that I can bake in, but I don’t know that they’re built to handle the AMOUNT of cooking I’d be wanting to do. I definitely don’t need to start a house fire by overworking a tabletop cooking device.

Still, as a low point for the year, it’s pretty much just a dip, relatively speaking. Hopefully, this is as bad as it gets for us.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Speaking of food, there's something that keeps bothering me. Specially after I went to get some supplies today. You see, every other product is now labeled with black stickers that warn "this has too much sugar", "this has too much sodium" and so on. Normally I wouldn't really mind them being there, (Though I worry they have already lost their kick since they are everywhere), what bothers me is why they are there. You see, the official narrative about having so many deaths is not that this is a deadly virus that we have failed to control, with next to no testing and negligible contact tracing, extreme triage in our underfunded and now undersupplied public hospitals -they basically reject anybody under 60 until they get so sick that there's nothing to do, basically people are checked in just to die-, data manipulation to justify premature reopenings of different states, and lack of a national mandate for wearing facemasks -and low usage of them, let alone correct usage-.

No it is nothing of the sort, instead this is a mild virus that is killing everybody because we eat and drink so much sugars and fats, so obviously we need to warn the people no to eat these things and nobody else will die! These black stickers are saving everybody's lives! /s

In short, they are scapegoating food for the failure to have a proper and opportune response to the pandemic and they are wasting precious money and time on black stickers that don't even have the desired effect just to show they are doing something.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
In short, they are scapegoating food for the failure to have a proper and opportune response to the pandemic and they are wasting precious money and time on black stickers that don't even have the desired effect just to show they are doing something.
Sounds like they are scapegoating you, for not eating the proper diet and buying the proper products and etc. You failed to take care of yourself, you see, and therefore you are liable for any and all consequences. Ugh.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Being overweight is way far down on the normal correlations to a shortened life span ... even the amount of blaming most people do by calling being overweight unhealthy is perhaps exaggerating a statistically small element compared to do you have friends and even are you one who interacts with strangers or even do you get the flu vaccine. So my thought is be careful about societies "health craze" that is less driven by real science than those exploiting standards of beauty than most people think. The typical health consequences seem less than people think. That its danger is exaggerated by COVID19 is one of those situational ugh's.

Zardnaar

Legend
Being overweight is way far down on the normal correlations to a shortened life span ... even the amount of blaming most people do by calling being overweight unhealthy is perhaps exaggerating a statistically small element compared to do you have friends and even are you one who interacts with strangers or even do you get the flu vaccine. So my thought is be careful about societies "health craze" that is less driven by real science than those exploiting standards of beauty than most people think. The typical health consequences seem less than people think. That its danger is exaggerated by COVID19 is one of those situational ugh's.

If same thing happened here a week
orv two ago.

Some Americanisms turned up during election campaign and weigh came up subcontract it's your fault if you're fat.

The two leaders however as re a bit portly themselves and it went over like a wet fart.

USA news subscribed to Washington Post. Europe more using BBC.

Can't explain it put it that way.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mom & I were finally able to get our flu shots today. We had to wait for the “over 65“ serum to be back in stock for her. The pharmacist on duty gave a damn good shot, too...and I let her know. People in jobs like that too rarely get complemented on their hard-earned skills. 👍🏽

Last edited:

Remove ads