D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
American Fan of BBC here, but the key is don't get stuck on any single source.
/just saying

BBC is fairly good. I use them, Reuters, sometimes Al Jazeera for ME stuff, couple of local sites for NZ stuff.

Washington Post useful for political stuff like polling in certain states which we don't really get here. I'll watch CNN at father in law's place.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
BBC is fairly good. I use them, Reuters, sometimes Al Jazeera for ME stuff, couple of local sites for NZ stuff.

Washington Post useful for political stuff like polling in certain states which we don't really get here. I'll watch CNN at father in law's place.
538 usually has some good polling things if you haven't checked it out before.

Zardnaar

Legend
Four Months of lockdown. 0 cases 0 deaths.

Well done Aussie. Melbourne is a big city as well, 5 million people 112 days of lockdown.

First place to drive it down that low with that many cases. Lockdowns expensive but Tasmania (75 days 0 cases) is performing the best out of the Aussie states.

3.6 cases 14 day average in Melbourne, 0.2 in Victoria.

7 cases of unknown origin.

Last edited:

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
This morning, the local authorities finally recognized they have been undercounting deaths, and thus that there are 50k additional deaths by Covid. So, we are at 130k+ deaths so far. Now, actually including these in the official records seems to be a whole different affair.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This morning, the local authorities finally recognized they have been undercounting deaths, and thus that there are 50k additional deaths by Covid. So, we are at 130k+ deaths so far. Now, actually including these in the official records seems to be a whole different affair.
Possibly the best estimate is the difference between actual and expected deaths (which does not usually massively vary from year to year and can be tuned based other things)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Update on an old side-thread:
I have student loans which have been in Forebearance since the lockdowns. I have been making payments anyway. Since I can redirect the money however I like, everything went to the smallest loan. This day I received the "Paid In Full" letter for that loan.
👍
One down two to go. 💰

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I have student loans which have been in Forebearance since the lockdowns. I have been making payments anyway. Since I can redirect the money however I like, everything went to the smallest loan. This day I received the "Paid In Full" letter for that loan.
👍
One down two to go. 💰

That's cool! Way to go!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
👍
One down two to go. 💰
Bravo!

ssvegeta555

Explorer

One down two to go.

Congrats! Keep at it, wipe those off the face of the Earth. ;) I did the same with my loans, just aggressively dumping money into them, even more so during the pandemic. Highest interest loan getting the bulk with only minimum payments on the rest. Just paid off all my students in full last month. I'm glad that stuff is behind me now. Huge sigh of relief. About the only good thing that happened in 2020 for me lol

Remove ads