D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend

Sorry I meant per capita cases/death rate.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sorry I meant per capita cases/death rate.

Zardnaar

Legend

Cheers there's a method to my madness.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well checked this guy's claims he is comparing California to Florida. He returned to USA after living in Kyiv Ukraine last 5 years. With side trips to places like Iran.

You read about it on the news or watch it but it's a bit different like this.

San Francisco

Miami Dade?

Basically very similar levels of Covid related deaths and Florida has a much larger population of old people.

Outsider looking in California has been inconsistent with the lock downs. The mom and pop type stores are screwed while the bigger ones are fine. I'm guessing help from the state or federal is limited.

Florida is doing social distancing from the look of it. Watched some other videos of Venice Beach California. It's just sad you read about it bit harder seeing it.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Well checked this guy's claims he is comparing California to Florida. He returned to USA after living in Kyiv Ukraine last 5 years. With side trips to places like Iran.

You read about it on the news or watch it but it's a bit different like this.

San Francisco

Miami Dade?

Basically very similar levels of Covid related deaths and Florida has a much larger population of old people.

Outsider looking in California has been inconsistent with the lock downs. The mom and pop type stores are screwed while the bigger ones are fine. I'm guessing help from the state or federal is limited.

Florida is doing social distancing from the look of it. Watched some other videos of Venice Beach California. It's just sad you read about it bit harder seeing it.
It is a rule of mine to not watch YouTube videos of random judgmental strangers.

If you want my experience living in SF, and having a partner who works in Infectious Disease at UCSF, let me know!

Zardnaar

Legend
It is a rule of mine to not watch YouTube videos of random judgmental strangers.

If you want my experience living in SF, and having a partner who works in Infectious Disease at UCSF, let me know!

He doesn't judge just walks around and let's you form your own opinions. Mostly he talks to people on the street.

You had a rally a few weeks ago and can legally shoplift up to $950 of stuff?

That's why I was checking stuff I googled some other stuff was interested how accurate it is. I don't expect anyone to watch the lot.

Last edited:

BookTenTiger

He / Him
He doesn't judge just walks around and let's you form your own opinions. Mostly he talks to people on the street.

You had a pro life rally a few weeks ago and can legally shoplift up to $950 of stuff?
I have no idea what you mean by that. Again, I'm not watching a video called "Why SF is SO BAD Now us" and has the words "SAD REALITY" on it.

(By the way, this is the second thread that I've seen you posting critical stuff about California. What's the deal Zardnaar???)

I personally did not participate in or hear about a pro life rally, though they do happen in SF. In fact, I once participated in a Women's Rights March that took place one hour after a Pro Life Rally took place. That's what I like about the city!

As for shoplifting? I have no idea! I have not seen anything about that in the local news or heard anything about it myself.

I do know that because SF started self isolating early, we have been able to keep COVID numbers down. And now that even more people are getting vaccinated, businesses are starting to open again to both inside and outside seating. (The local small family-owned restaurants have been doing very well during the pandemic due to all the to-go orders, by the way.)

Anything else you want to know about pandemic life in SF?

Zardnaar

Legend
I have no idea what you mean by that. Again, I'm not watching a video called "Why SF is SO BAD Now us" and has the words "SAD REALITY" on it.

(By the way, this is the second thread that I've seen you posting critical stuff about California. What's the deal Zardnaar???)

I personally did not participate in or hear about a pro life rally, though they do happen in SF. In fact, I once participated in a Women's Rights March that took place one hour after a Pro Life Rally took place. That's what I like about the city!

As for shoplifting? I have no idea! I have not seen anything about that in the local news or heard anything about it myself.

I do know that because SF started self isolating early, we have been able to keep COVID numbers down. And now that even more people are getting vaccinated, businesses are starting to open again to both inside and outside seating. (The local small family-owned restaurants have been doing very well during the pandemic due to all the to-go orders, by the way.)

Anything else you want to know about pandemic life in SF?

During lockdown I was watching videos on the former USSR, he lived in Ukraine and moved back to the USA and has spent 8 months doing a lot of California videos where he is based.

That's why I get a lot of California ones. USSR-Ukraine-Iran-California as that's where he has gone.

National news here is also heavily focused on big picture type stuff, Washington Post Politics and ABC whatever the hot topic if the day is. You don't see much person on the street type stuff or architecture except things like NYC skyline.

I like the art deco stuff for example don't really get that here at least locally. It's Victorian/Edwardian or post 1969s modernism or whatever it's called.

My Europe trip got cancelled due to Covid curious about how various towns and cities around the world work good bad and ugly.

WV how extraordinarily against stereotype.
Of course, last March West Virginia claimed to have the lowest cases of COVID in the country. The reason for this claim was that they straight up denied and lied about positive cases:

Given that history, I'm inclined to take any statistics that come out of that state with at least a few grains of salt.

Remove ads