D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
On the other hand, it's kind of rich Japan complaining about the treatment of Japanese citizens in China given the utterly ferocious human rights abuses the Japanese army inflicted on China in the 20th Century.

Yeah, but dude, the people they are swabbing now were not responsible for those acts - most of them weren't alive at the time. Continuing grudges for generations is not a viable option with a planetary population nearing 8 billion

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Yeah, but dude, the people they are swapping now were not responsible for those acts - most of them weren't alive at the time. Continuing grudges for generations is not a vialbe option with a planetary population nearing 8 billion
Yeah, but dude, successive Japanese governments have been consistently resistant to fully acknowledging their historical behavior - so Japanese government complaints are still pretty rich. They could learn to use a bit more humility in relationships with other Asian countries who suffered under IJA/IJN boots.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, but dude, successive Japanese governments have been consistently resistant to fully acknowledging their historical behavior- so Japanese government complaints are still pretty rich. They could learn to use a bit more humility in relationships with other Asian countries who suffered under IJA/IJN boots.

This is as far as I will go on this topic, due to politics: China's own human rights history does not support them getting shirty about these things. People in glass houses should not throw stones... or shove swabs where the moon don't shine.

Zardnaar

Legend
This is as far as I will go on this topic, due to politics: China's own human rights history does not support them getting shirty about these things. People in glass houses should not throw stones... or shove swabs where the moon don't shine.

I won't go into any great detail but it's China. They probably have special tests for the Japanese.

I'm guessing it's a humiliation thing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Meanwhile, the Governor of Texas announcing that he's doing away with all restrictions and the mask mandate.

Texas, being all the kinds of stupid at once. Sorry, Danny. Get vaccinated quick, you're gonna need it. :(

Zardnaar

Legend
Just had that conversation with h my friend in Houston. From March 10.

Not sure on current situation in Texas by that ICU beds, numbers etc.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Meanwhile, the Governor of Texas announcing that he's doing away with all restrictions and the mask mandate.

Texas, being all the kinds of stupid at once. Sorry, Danny. Get vaccinated quick, you're gonna need it. :(
Accurate description, to be sure.🤨. This is testing my personal resolve against wishing ill on my fellow humans...

That said, I DID get Pfizer injection #1 this morning. Total time out of my day, including travel: 90 minutes. So far, the injection site on my arm feels like a toddler tried to punch my arm. I’ve had worse reactions from flu shots. Hell...I’ve Id worse reactions from ALLERGY shots.

(So far.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases