D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Accurate description, to be sure.🤨. This is testing my personal resolve against wishing ill on my fellow humans...

That said, I DID get Pfizer injection #1 this morning. Total time out of my day, including travel: 90 minutes. So far, the injection site on my arm feels like a toddler tried to punch my arm. I’ve had worse reactions from flu shots. Hell...I’ve Id worse reactions from ALLERGY shots.

(So far.)

I think that's the one I want.

What I'll get is whatever is available when I go I suppose.

MarkB

Legend
That said, I DID get Pfizer injection #1 this morning. Total time out of my day, including travel: 90 minutes. So far, the injection site on my arm feels like a toddler tried to punch my arm. I’ve had worse reactions from flu shots. Hell...I’ve Id worse reactions from ALLERGY shots.
Yeah, since I had the Pfizer jab on Saturday my side effects have been relatively mild. I have an ache around the injection site that technically exists, in that I'm aware of it when I choose to take note of it, but most of the time it's so mild I don't notice it.

What I have noticed are periodic headaches. For the last couple of days they've come around like clockwork - I'm absolutely fine through the morning, but around 1:30-2pm it starts kicking in - headache and feverish feeling, but no elevated temperature.

But it's nothing that some paracetamol can't handle, and today was milder than yesterday, so I don't expect it will persist much longer.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have a super mild headache that may or may not be relar to my vaccination. It feels exactly like a mild version of the ones I get from my allergies, and I’ve been sneezing snd sniffling more this past week. Heck, I sneezed so hard before breakfast this morning I wrenched my shoulder.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
From an article about Gov. Abbott’s declaration:

On a related note, Houston, Texas' largest city, is the one city in the United States to have reported finding at least one case of every known variant of the coronavirus, which are believed to be more transmissible and have experts on the alert for another uptick in cases as they become the dominant sources of infection. It's unlikely Houston is actually alone in this regard, but it's still cause for concern.

Texas is also lagging behind in vaccinating its population, which is the second largest in the nation. Only Utah and Georgia have slower per capita vaccination rates.

The article also noted Mississippi beat us to the punch on ending sensible, science-driven precautions.

GreyLord

Legend
It looks like it could be a LOOONG time until I get a vaccination. It looks like I am lower on the lists (no health issues that flag me for being a priority, not over 65...yet...etc). Meanwhile, my area hasn't had many people wearing masks or doing social distancing for a while. You wouldn't even know that there was a pandemic going on from how most are acting except that the death rate has risen significantly for older folks over the past year. It makes me nervous even going to the store...and I have to go to the store every so often.

Wish I could get the vaccine sooner...but I expect that it's going to be a while at the rate it's currently occurring.

Zardnaar

Legend
Pfizer or Moderna are probably the best ones though both take two shots.

The government put money into 4 vaccines and preordered them as well March last year.

All 4 came up though so theoretically they have an over supply.

Ordering and receiving are two different things though. Found that out the hard way last March but minimised it before things fell apart ( panic buying etc).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases