D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
More D&D related than Covid.

One if the local DMs is organizing a D&D event for school kids on Facebook. $15 usd a night. Her ideas kinda cool.

Used in the last pandemic. Seems thematically appropriate.

Because of Covid they're encouraging people to support local businesses in the tourism sector.

I want to go play some D&D there.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The government put money into 4 vaccines and preordered them as well March last year.

All 4 came up though so theoretically they have an over supply.

Ordering and receiving are two different things though. Found that out the hard way last March but minimised it before things fell apart ( panic buying etc).
Here they didnt really put money into any vaccine because you know ....

Zardnaar

Legend
Here they didnt really put money into any vaccine because you know ....

55.5 million vaccinated according to Washington Post.

Doing better than a lot of places. Barely started here but don't really need much atm and that's more of a supply issue.

I would be amazed if I get one in the next 3 months, surprised if faster than 6 months and disappointed if it's not done by January.

But other countries need it en masse sooner. Probably cause other problems as well.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Have been off the site for a couple weeks. My girlfriend passed, not COVID but was in the hospital. Had been lucky through work to get my shot earlier than expected.

Second Pfizer shot punched back a bit. Was sick for a day. Had a fever and spent some time shivering uncontrollably. Though was told it hits younger different than older recipients. For my parents the first shot was harder on them then the second.

Zardnaar

Legend
Government has secured a big order if the pfizer vaccine enough for everyone in the country.

Side effect of the Covid bailouts is the housing crisis has gone from terrible to dumpster fire. My young cousins rent is double some friends in Europe, a house in one of our worst suburbs went for close to half a million USD.

And I live in the cheap part of the country. Close to 20% rises or 40% in specific areas. My brother can sell his house and buy one freehold in San Francisco or LA.

No Covid since May locally but the young ones gonna be homeless at this rate.

World's most popular leader useless domestically. Sit back and eat more jellybeans.

GreyLord

Legend
Housing prices are rising at an absolute insane rate all over in many nations, Europe and the US included. I'm looking at it and cannot figure out why it's rising so rapidly and vastly in the past year.

Houses are almost 2x the price in my area from last year. My property taxes are starting to be of a concern to me, if housing continues to rise at this rate I won't even be able to afford the property taxes where I live in a decade!

Have no idea what I'd do then. It feels like a terrible way to kick out long term residents.

I think I blame uninhibited greed on why they are rising like this, because I have no other explanation.

JEB

Legend
I think I blame uninhibited greed on why they are rising like this, because I have no other explanation.
I believe it's because the demand has skyrocketed, with folks no longer wanting/needing to live in cities and moving elsewhere. Houses are getting snapped up left and right in my area, despite them being much more expensive than a few years ago...

Remove ads