D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was reading an article about the pandemic in which the people crunching the numbers said they tell a tale of 2 Americas. Among the vaccinated, numbers are dropping greatly, Among the unvaccinated, numbers have remained stagnant.

The first is to be expected- effective vaccines are effective. But it’s interesting that the vaccinated are acting as something of a firebreak, in that the numbers for the unvaccinated aren’t getting worse. (Or, possibly, the virus has reached some kind of critical point in its spread in which it is operating at peak efficiency in regards to its life cycle.)

They did note that the nastier variants could change all of that.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I had (vaccinated) friends over for the first time last night for dinner and a movie! This summer I should be able to put together an in-person gaming group again.

Here in San Francisco, we only have four COVID cases in the hospital, and they are all old cases- in other words, no new transmissions. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Zardnaar

Legend
Argentina online aquintence following news in South America mentioned this.

Peru basically doubled it's official death toll and then some due to undercounting. Now has highest per capita death toll in the world.

Locally not much has changed. Outbreaks in parts of Australia have had officials chasing down arrivals from Australia that didn't need to qurantine and travel bubble to Victoria (Australian state) has closed.

Still can't get a vaccine not in priority group but more of the in laws have got one due to age. No hurry I suppose.

Capital with no social distancing filmed by Canadians "stuck" here pre Covid. They just roll over the visas for anyone who got here pre Covid.

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Been very strange. mask mandate for the county lifted this week. Though businesses are still free to require it if they choose.

While most people where I work, that are expected to be onsite are vaccinated, it still just... feels odd to not walk about these halls without one. I know some people are really looking forward to this Summer, but I have mixed feelings. For other reasons, the summer seems like it is going to be pretty hollow.

But I am a pessimist. :p

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases