D&D and the rising pandemic

Mirtek

Hero
I don't believe there's been any solid testing on the efficacy of cross-brand boosters at this point. That doesn't mean it won't work, but there's no study behind it yet.
There must be some. At least the German RKI, and I also believe the EU EMA, changed the recommendation to follow a first shot of AZ with a second shot of Pfizer or Moderna. It's seen has being more effective. They changed the official recommendation in July or August already

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There must be some.

All the data I have read about has been small scale, preliminary stuff.

Do remember, we are only now getting to a time where folks would be considering boosters, much less for there to be valid large-scale studies of cross-brand booster efficacy.

At least the German RKI, and I also believe the EU EMA, changed the recommendation to follow a first shot of AZ with a second shot of Pfizer or Moderna. It's seen has being more effective. They changed the official recommendation in July or August already

So, I'd need a reference to know - but that sounds like a change to the possible initial vaccine protocol, not to boosters. Different use cases, need to be studied differently.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Canada has apparently been doing mix & match vaccinations for a month or so, and their numbers are still good. Based on the Canadian “experiment”, other countries are considering that going forward.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Canada has apparently been doing mix & match vaccinations for a month or so, and their numbers are still good. Based on the Canadian “experiment”, other countries are considering that going forward.
We've been doing it for a lot longer than a month. We started it months ago in the summer. I nearly had a mix myself but the week I went for my 2nd they got more Moderna so I wound up with two of that. My whole family had 2 of Pfizer. I am the odd one out.

Zardnaar

Legend
The had a super vaccine weekend here and set a new record of 120k vaccines in a single day (population. 5 million).

Daily cases slowly increasing 60 cases today. Aucklands spent around 2 months in lockdown.

No Covid locally but waiting for that penny to drop in next few weeks.

All immediate friends and family now double shot. 82.3% single shot iirc 63.6 both shots.

They made it a large social event with food, pasifika entertainment, food and grocery give aways etc.

Hussar

Legend
Yay for my city. Population a tad under a million and no new cases for three days. Total cases since the start of things, 10000 (ish). Not too bad.

1634538338028.png

Ryujin

Legend
It seems to have been more of an issue with availability of certain vaccines, than any sort of planned "experiment." The concern was to make sure that as many people as possible got something. There was also more than a little concern that one of the vaccines that we have been given was not recognized by the US and, therefore, would not permit people who were "fully vaccinated" with that vaccine to travel to the US.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It seems to have been more of an issue with availability of certain vaccines, than any sort of planned "experiment." The concern was to make sure that as many people as possible got something. There was also more than a little concern that one of the vaccines that we have been given was not recognized by the US and, therefore, would not permit people who were "fully vaccinated" with that vaccines to travel to the US.
Hence the quotation marks.

But fortunately, pragmatism hasn’t seemed to hurt the actual patients!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases