D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
I've seen certain groups referred to elsewhere as Nergal cultists (a W40K reference to the god of disease apparently), and prior to this I thought that was (not inaccurate) hyperbole. Now I'm not even sure its hyperbole.

I don't play WH40K but get the reference. I've been calling then plague rats.

Small minority here but loud.

Can't really say my thoughts or reasonings but the polite version it's the culmination of the post Vietnam era.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Surprisingly, dead easy here. I just have to schedule an appointment (actually two, I think). Covered by my employee health plan too.

I wouldn't have expected it to be hard either, but neither my doctor nor any of the local pharmacies had it or an easy way to get it; I finally found a nearby medical clinic that had it.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Well, I guess I won't be getting a booster tomorrow. I made the appointment days ago, and they just called me to tell me that their systems erroneously opened up several hundred appointments that they don't have product or staff to fulfill. So, I go back to the drawing board trying to find an appointment.

Of course, the state just opened up booster availability to everyone, so... I don't expect to have great luck.

Where are you located? In California apparently supply for boosters has radically exceeded demand, even though the state made it available to all adults a few weeks ago.

Mirtek

Hero
I got my flu shot back in September and will get my Covid booster as close to the end of my 6 month period as possible. I hope still this year, but since my 6 month would be over 14th of December I may not get if before everything goes into holiday mode.

Zardnaar

Legend

Singapore gonna make unvaccinated pay. Personally I would bother cancelling critical services just put the unvaccinated in a tent outside.

They gave a very high % vaccinated as well not sure what ones they used though or when. 6% unvaccinated.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Where are you located?

Massachusetts. I suspect the demand for boosters will be pretty brisk.

I'll find one somewhere. It'll just take a bit of effort.

There's a silver lining - my wife had gotten knocked pretty hard by her booster, and while she very much wants me fully vaccinated, she is also depending on me to do the Thanksgiving shopping this weekend, and was concerned that if I got floored by it, the plans would end up higgledy-piggledey.

Not that I'd had a terribly strong reaction to the first two - sore arm and needed a nap. But, you know, when there is a plan, there's worry.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Frankly, from what I understand, the underutilization in California is a serious disappointment to the people managing it. I was being a bit conservative myself since both I and my wife are borderline cases (we're both on the obese side, I'm 64 and she's 45 and pre-diabetic) and I didn't want to be a potential dose that could go to people who hadn't been vaccinated at all yet.

But if its just sitting around and on the clock anyway--well, why the hell not?

It appears to have flipped a bit between us; the second dose I reacted a bit stronger than she did to, the booster she may have reacted a bit stronger than I did, but for both of us it just added up to some extra fatigue.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Aside from the usual sore arm and a little ongoing groppiness, it's been fine-- nowhere near as bad as the second dose.
I completely forgot to ask about flu, though.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Aside from the usual sore arm and a little ongoing groppiness, it's been fine-- nowhere near as bad as the second dose.
I completely forgot to ask about flu, though.
There is a very high correlation between longer life spans and getting the flu vaccine. (correlation != causation but... in this case there is some established causative components).

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
There is a very high correlation between longer life spans and getting the flu vaccine. (correlation != causation but... in this case there is some established causative components).
Given that dead people can't get it anymore it kind of makes sense there'd be a correlation between the number of years someone got the flu vaccine and how long they lived ;-)

In other news, it's trending up again :.-(

1637783196200.png

Remove ads