DDAL D&D Beyond becomes the offical aL page

jasper

Rotten DM

New versions of players and dm guide are there. Major change is created 5th pcs get 500 gp, and 40 downtime days.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I haven't played in an AL game in years. Back when I did, I found it strange that they didn't support tracking your AL games in DDB. I just checked and, unless I'm missing something, years later they still don't provide tools on the character sheet to support tracking AL. When creating a new character there is not option for creating an AL-legal character. This continues to feel like a missed opportunity to me. Having the tools for players and DMs to track everything AL-related, and to have a AL-legal character-creation wizard built into DDB would be very useful and bring/keep more players in the DDB ecosystem.

ColdSpire

Villager
Major change is created 5th pcs get 500 gp, and 40 downtime days.
And I believe the jury is still out on whether or not you can use those 40 downtime to level up to 9 right off the bat.

If you can, I can't wait for everyone and their brother to show up with 9th level characters barely knowing how all their abilities work, if at all.

If you can't (since the downtime has to be spent "between sessions" and if you're starting at 5 there's no session to be between) people could still show up with a level 5, play one adventure to get to level 6, spend their 50 downtime to get to level 11.

Can't wait for everyone and their brother to show up with 11th level characters barely knowing how all their abilities work, if at all.

jasper

Rotten DM
And I believe the jury is still out on whether or not you can use those 40 downtime to level up to 9 right off the bat.

If you can, I can't wait for everyone and their brother to show up with 9th level characters barely knowing how all their abilities work, if at all.

If you can't (since the downtime has to be spent "between sessions" and if you're starting at 5 there's no session to be between) people could still show up with a level 5, play one adventure to get to level 6, spend their 50 downtime to get to level 11.

Can't wait for everyone and their brother to show up with 11th level characters barely knowing how all their abilities work, if at all.
DuDe, are you in my AL group. Because I have casuals who worked their PC up to 11 and still don't how their pc works.

Oofta

Legend
DuDe, are you in my AL group. Because I have casuals who worked their PC up to 11 and still don't how their pc works.
Heck, I had people that played their PC up to 20th level and they still didn't seem to understand how to play their PCs.

Remove ads