D&D Movie/TV D&D Beyond Movie Survey

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I was just thinking that myself. I wonder what the purpose of the survey is? (I haven't taken it myself, so I don't know what the thrust of the questions is).
A lot of the questions I got were about the inclusion of specific game elements in the movie. Of the kind that would worry me, if I was really invested (well i kind am but there has been enough crap in this space). I am of the belief that a movie based on a game franchise should be a good story/movie first and foremost and that is more important than inclusion of game elements.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A lot of the questions I got were about the inclusion of specific game elements in the movie. Of the kind that would worry me, if I was really invested (well i kind am but there has been enough crap in this space). I am of the belief that a movie based on a game franchise should be a good story/movie first and foremost and that is more important than inclusion of game elements.
Huh. Unless there’s another movie?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
It's weird how the survey has the wrong time periods listed for the release of their own games.

1974-1983 (advanced)
1984-1995 (around the release of the 2nd edition)
1996-2003 (around the release of the 3rd edition)
2003-2008 (around the release of the 3.5 edition)
2009-2014 (around the release of the 4th edition)
2015-2019 (around the release of the 5th edition)
2020-Today (during the 5th edition)
These time periods make sense, in that the majority of new players tend to come in around the release time of each new edition and they're obviously trying to figure out (albeit only very broadly) which edition drew in how many new players. So, each time block above is roughly centered around the release date of a new edition.

Other than that, however, I'm glad to see by this thread that I'm not the only one who's never heard of some of those factions-locations-characters they ask about.

The one question I wasn't sure how to answer was whether I'm a fan of "Avatar", as I wasn't sure whether they meant Avatar the anime (which I don't care about in the least) or Avatar the James Cameron movie franchise-to-be, which I really like.

Quickleaf

Legend
Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 12.39.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 12.43.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 12.45.47 PM.png

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was just thinking that myself. I wonder what the purpose of the survey is? (I haven't taken it myself, so I don't know what the thrust of the questions is).
It's an eclectic mix, asking aboutt locations, characters, iconic magic items, and spells one might want to see in the movie.

Raging is, the selection seems to suggest the general location of the action, and what factions may be involved in the plot.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Some of these questions were oddly specific. Could have saved a lot of time by just adding a box 'not a Forgotten Realms player' so people who have no idea where any of those locations are can skip about 30 questions.
Yeah, that's why they have the nor excited or unimportant option.

Remove ads