• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Campaign Settings you have played most in your life

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Among D&D, definitely Dragonlance, given the ongoing generational campaign that’s been going on for more than 25 years of real time and a century of Krynn time (on and off in both cases) across systems from 2nd Edition to 5th Edition. The main DM started it in middle school (using photocopies of my 1st Edition Dragonlance Adventures hardcover along with his 2nd Edition books) and he’s now DMing his own young son in it. I and others have played my own grandchildren (and the children and grandchildren of my friends) in sessions and mini-campaigns over the years — the group of us who played in high school only ever play that when together and some among us have run parts of it at different colleges, with adult friends, and in Afghanistan and Iraq.

(I say “in D&D” because, even with all that, I’ve played and ran more sessions over the past fifteen years of a hyper-connected Rifts/Heroes Unlimited/Palladium Fantasy multiversal supercampaign)

pogre

Legend
Played? The homebrew setting of my DM in college. Eventually Forgotten Realms may catch up through Adventurer's League play, but it isn't really the same as a 'campaign'.

DM'd? Greyhawk. I have run every one of my campaigns since 1980 in Greyhawk.

Dm'd - Almost exclusively homebrew.

Played - The only campaign I have played in for any length of time is AriochQ's - so, Greyhawk.

Remove ads