D&D General D&D coming to SDCC 2023

WotC-Blizzard? Maybe, Warcraft would be a better option. I don't know if they would rather to await to the end of the troubles about the possible acquisition by Microsoft.

Zelda-Hirule? My opinion is one of the most possible options.

Blood of Zeus? Maybe "God of War" because this is more famous.

Runeterra/League of Legends? I have an open mind about this option.

MK and SF are too focused into 1v1, without armors or weapons, and set in the modern age. Other thing would be a D&D mash-up version of a famous franchise.

Maybe Hasbro should hurry or Japanese fantasy franchises (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy..) could be licenced to Dragon-Sword RPG.

I'm pagan so naturally I hate the God of War series, I'd rather have Blood of Zeus.

Unlike Warcraft, there is an established history of D&D & Diablo.

Warcraft is known by more players. Diablo is "Heroes against Infernal hordes", only two factions. It is practically a mini-setting. And too far from the family-friendly style wanted by WotC. Tood dark and grimm even for the current Ravenloft standars.

Guan-Yu could defeat Thor and Ares.

Maybe we could see a D&D-Power Ranger (Mystic Force) crossover with the mystic knights of Tir Na Nog as "guest artists".

Maybe the anoucemente of a D&D videogame? Something for mobiles and tablets.

A new novel? I hope not always only FR. Why not a new about Dragonlance?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Diablo and D&D have collabrated before, they could do an updated version for D&D24 with Diablo 4 lore.
I am very surprised that Blizzard -- another company famously seeking more monetization -- hasn't given us updated Warcraft, Diablo and StarCraft RPGs, along with an Overwatch RPG. Inside Blizzard, nearly everyone, especially at the dev level, are current or former RPG players.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Unlike Warcraft, there is an established history of D&D & Diablo.

Warcraft is known by more players. Diablo is "Heroes against Infernal hordes", only two factions. It is practically a mini-setting. And too far from the family-friendly style wanted by WotC. Tood dark and grimm even for the current Ravenloft standars.

Guan-Yu could defeat Thor and Ares.

Maybe we could see a D&D-Power Ranger (Mystic Force) crossover with the mystic knights of Tir Na Nog as "guest artists".

Maybe the anoucemente of a D&D videogame? Something for mobiles and tablets.

A new novel? I hope not always only FR. Why not a new about Dragonlance?

There is a new Dragonlance novel coming this year.

Diablo being a mini setting is a feature not a bug in WotC's eyes, they don't trust players with full sized settings anymore. They can fit Diablo in 1 book, mini setting, Diablo themed subclasses, maybe a Nephelim species, and some new spells and powers and an optional mechanic and call it a day. Warcraft is too big and too much work for the current devs.

And have you scene BG3, about as far from family friendly as you can possibly get!!!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I am watching the floor at ComicCon on YouTube and...all the studios look to be there. Actors and writers obviously are not there, but those booths are all there. Marvel, Paramount, Nickelodeon, Sony, Comedy Central, Hulu, etc. huge booths. Looks great. Wish I were there. Apparently more focus on Manga this year, which continues a trend from the past few years.

Last edited:

Maybe the demand for tickets is less next year when people are not so sure Marvel will be there.
So maybe the tickets will take 12 hours to sell out in February rather than 90 minutes? ;)

I don't know the actual times anymore, been more than a decade since I went, but I remember it used to sell out within an hour or something crazy for those who had not attended the year before and had bought their next year tickets at the event. Not sure they do that anymore, but yea, demand is just crazy.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Booths on preview day have long lines of people buying stuff. Longer than normal (with more line caps, and capped lines during the 15 minute professionals only period even). Everything looks pretty darn normal to more busy than normal to me (see around 15 min mark or so). And yeah, watching these videos I wish I was there. So much cool stuff:

Last edited:

Remove ads