D&D General D&D coming to SDCC 2023

pop culture’s invasion of Dungeons and Dragons! Learn how the folks who make D&D are teaming up to bring some of your favorite media sensations to your gaming table!

OK, I like to speculate and I am going to do it again here. My theory is we could see collab, like Minecraft, Stranger Things or Ricky&Morty.

Could we see any time Fortnite collab within D&D:Beyond? Or another franchise.

jg5oznk031k51.png

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So...what you are saying is WotC is crossing picket lines and is anti-worker? ;)
Ha! No. Though I am not attending this year I dearly hope the focus of this year's Comic Con (which I attended for decades) is...comics. Which would be an unusual thing these days. It could lure me back to Comic Con if the focus went back to comics. Last time I attended it was hard to find back issue dealers because the cost of a table was so high, driven up by studios and video game companies and toy companies buying up all the space, that they simply could not afford to attend anymore.

Chuck from Mile High Comics wrote a famous/infamous rant about the year he backed out after like 44 years of attending. His cost for space rose to over $18,000 while the foot traffic had actually decreased due to the attractions inside and (more importantly) free outside the convention hall which caused many fans to simply never pay to enter the convention center.

Simultaneous with that some local comic stores in San Diego reported booming business as those fans who never paid to enter the convention went to their stores to pick up some comics. A change which had a certain ironic air to it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wow, Mile High backing out is huge. They're titans of the comic shop scene.

And I have certainly skipped going into Comic-Con, especially post-pandemic, in favor of saving a ton of money and doing the outside (mostly free) stuff in and around the convention center.

And what about the possible annoucement of new D&D comics? I hope not only Forgoten Realms. Ravenloft comics are wellcome, but other settings also would be.

Dark Sun comic was not so bad, but I have seen free webcomics with a better plot.

And what about a comic about a crossover with D&D and other (no-Hasbro?) franchise? Or a Hasbro franchise reimagined as a D&D setting, for example mixing Visionaries and Gamma World.

Remove ads