D&D 5E D&D Direct: WotC's 2023 Announcement Showcase Livestream

D&D Direct, the half-hour livestreamed event where WotC will reveal its new Virtual Tabletop (VTT), talk about the future of D&D, and celebrate the new D&D movie, starts at 9am PT (5pm UK time)! Watch it below! D&D Direct 2023 is a digital showcase that will feature announcements from all corners of the D&D fandom. Get a first look at the D&D virtual tabletop, tie-ins for Dungeons & Dragons...

D&D Direct, the half-hour livestreamed event where WotC will reveal its new Virtual Tabletop (VTT), talk about the future of D&D, and celebrate the new D&D movie, starts at 9am PT (5pm UK time)! Watch it below!

D&D Direct 2023 is a digital showcase that will feature announcements from all corners of the D&D fandom. Get a first look at the D&D virtual tabletop, tie-ins for Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, exciting partnerships, and even hear about what to expect in future books. Deep dives for tabletop products will come later this year.

Highlights/Contents
  • D&D Minecraft is coming soon. You can download a Minecraft Monstrous Compendium at Minecraft.net.​
  • Honor Among Thieves movie trailer.​
  • Song cartoon about teaching your friends D&D.​
  • Hasbro's 'March Monster Madness' D&D movie toys.​
  • Magic: the Gathering cards featuring D&D movie characters.​
  • Lolth's Warrior, R.A. Salvatore's new book in The Way of the Drow trilogy.​
  • Trailer for Neverwinter video game Menzoberranzan.​
  • D&D Digital Playspace--the upcoming new Virtual Tabletop playtest coming in late 2023.​
  • Newsroom skit about a lifesized mimic and a baby owlbear escaping WizKids.​
  • Joe Manganiello updates about his D&D documentary.​
  • Chris Perkins & Jeremy Crawford on the D&D multiverse, Keys from the Golden Vault, Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants, Phandelver & Below: The Shattered Obelisk, Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse, Deck of Many Things, and hints about Vecna coming in 2024 in a worldhopping adventure, a Red Wizard story in 2025, and D&D cartoon villain Venger will return in an adventure.

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.16.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.17.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.18.34 PM.png

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
WTF is this. What happened to D&D.

Oh right, I'm old. Right.
I’m not sure what is different? This is no different from the D&D cartoon or other very old goody D&D stuff.

Was that supposed to be The Lady of Pain? A little to "kawaii" there
Please explain what is cute about the image in question.
And Revels Maze is in the new movie? Thats a Planescape Torment shout out.
Revel’s End is a prison that is both in the Frostmaiden adventure and in the new movie.

His style (for this at least) is definitely more bright and happy than the old 2E gritty style. Another of those interesting contrasts of the old and new.
Other than not looking like pencil sketches but instead full color…what?

Now that we have Spelljammer, and soon Planescape . . . . what will be CONFIRMED going forward? Dark times ahead . . . .
Nentir Vale!
This is what I think of when I see the Lady of Pain. Like I said new style is a tad more.... happy.

View attachment 280130
How!? How on any plane of existence is the above image of a different mood, much less how the heck the newer image is “happier”!?

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I’m not sure what is different? This is no different from the D&D cartoon or other very old goody D&D stuff.

Please explain what is cute about the image in question.

Revel’s End is a prison that is both in the Frostmaiden adventure and in the new movie.

Other than not looking like pencil sketches but instead full color…what?

How!? How on any plane of existence is the above image of a different mood, much less how the heck the newer image is “happier”!?
Okay.
No.
Cool.
Okay.
Because.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
He went to all the effort to single out almost every single post I made and format it into a single post, seemed rude to just ignore him.
it literally isn't any effort at all to multiquote on these forums, don't get over excited.

Your empty snark response communicates just fine that you don't like your opinion being challenged, but does so in a rather disrespectful way.

Remove ads

Remove ads