D&D Gameday celebrating PHB3 - did you play today?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The players at my (and other) tables enjoyed it. It was nice to actually see PC have a chance at failing a skill challenge for a change (as opposed to other from other Game Days that were auto-success every time). Besides the 'beaten savagely' result got huge laughs at my group.

My group rolled well, and didn't fail a check in that challenge - and they weren't using the supplementary skills at all. Oh well.

Cheers,
Merric

physicscarp

Explorer
I played in it and had a great time. The fights were quick and since I was playing the monk there was plenty of movement around the battlefield. Everyone at our table enjoyed the madness rift skill challenge and the character sheets provided by WotC. (Can we get the Character Builder to produce this half sheet layout?) We chose to assist the dragon rather than fight him, so we had three fights plus two skill challenges which we finished in four hours. I was really pleased by that as our home games have atrociously long fights lasting 3-4 hours sometimes. This was a refreshing change of pace.

Remove ads