• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D has been cancelled (speculation).

Dal Thrax

First Post
The current WotC release schedule is not a serious effort to publish D&D. From the best that I can see, the sale to Hasbro included a clause that all the IP (including MtG) would revert if D&D fell under a certain amount of releases (most likely four per year). WotC also printed up enough copies of a definable core game (the essentials line) to keep the core technically "in print" for the definable future.

They also changed DDI so that you have a reason to continue paying for it, even if only a few new products are added each year.

Face it, WotC has canceled their mini's line, their Star Wars license and HeroScape. They've also cut out monthly DDI compilations. The company is completely our of the RPG business except for a few legacy releases. Legacy publishing might be enough to keep the gaming going, but I suspect that the player base is going to slowly fade away over the next two or three years.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
A low post count and a dire warning of the apocalypse to come? Yeah, I don't smell the troll bait from here... In before the lock, cheers!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
It's the new Going Postal. Laid off by Hasborg, with a bone to pick and nothing to lose, he fearlessly violates his NDA and posts their deepest, darkest secret on every forum he can find.

Har har! Get it, going post-al!?! Ahhhh, I kill me.

malraux

First Post
From the best that I can see, the sale to Hasbro included a clause that all the IP (including MtG) would revert if D&D fell under a certain amount of releases (most likely four per year).

Um, What? Which drug-adled delusion told you this? And revert to who, exactly?

Remove ads