D&D Movie/TV D&D: Honor Among Thieves Director/Cast Interviews begin as marketing ramps up!

There are dozens of movies prior to Antman 3 which set specific expectations from existing movie goers of that franchise who go out to seek that kind of information about Antman. And even with that Antman 3 had a big opening weekend (biggest opening of the series so far) - higher than normal drop off seems to be in reaction to people reporting back from opening weekend, not news of special effects from articles before release. (and I liked Antman 3 by the way).

There are none for D&D for the overwhelming majority of likely viewers. Nobody is looking even for interviews with directors on this one to judge if they're going to see it or not - except us hardcore D&D people or people who saw that interview live.

Y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill. I swear I am starting to sense either hoped for failure, or preparation for disappointment because of the prior movies coloring people's predictions on this one. I mean, HSX is absolutely wrong sometimes, but it also represents a much more generalized (and expertise-driven) view on movies. And it's predicting way better results than I think anyone in this thread has predicted.
I hope your right

Generally the hot button culture war type movies. Off the top of my head Ghostbusters 2016, Terminator Dark Fate, Charlie's Angel's.
I don't remember any directors saying anything stupid about the latter two. On the contrary I remember internet nutcases pre-deciding that they were "woke" (apparently having forgotten T2 existed and not understanding the premise of Charlie's Angels) and flouncing around like sulky teenagers whenever any news at all came out about either.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I don't remember any directors saying anything stupid about the latter two. On the contrary I remember internet nutcases pre-deciding that they were "woke" (apparently having forgotten T2 existed and not understanding the premise of Charlie's Angels).
I don't remember the directors/writers saying anything bad about Ghostbusters 2016. I do know that the angry mob went after them any way, because they're women.

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't remember the directors/writers saying anything bad about Ghostbusters 2016. I do know that the angry mob went after them any way, because they're women.

I think Feign said something about tge way he makes movies or what interested him.

I don't really follow the internet drama that much but saying anything to pass off one side or another won't help your movie in any way usually.

I don't really follow the internet drama that much but saying anything to pass off one side or another won't help your movie in any way usually.
I mean, I don't think anything was "said" in either of the latter two cases, so you're kind of making this up dude. It's more like there's nothing you can do about misogynist/homophobe/racist internet chuds. Even if you play it perfectly, they're triggered so hard by women/LGBT people/non-white people that they just make up something to be mad about.

So unless you just want to make movies about white men and nothing else, the chuds will come for you.

Also, you can't really claim directors said stuff, then say "I don't follow internet drama". That just really looks like you're making it up.

Zardnaar

Legend
I mean, I don't think anything was "said" in either of the latter two cases, so you're kind of making this up dude. It's more like there's nothing you can do about misogynist/homophobe/racist internet chuds. Even if you play it perfectly, they're triggered so hard by women/LGBT people/non-white people that they just make up something to be mad about.

So unless you just want to make movies about white men and nothing else, the chuds will come for you.

Also, you can't really claim directors said stuff, then say "I don't follow internet drama". That just really looks like you're making it up.

I don't the directors were quoted in this thread though that's how found out about it.

I don't go looking for it buy its hard to avoid sometimes is basically what I meant.

Also I don't really see it so Idk how people ate complaining about having to block it unless they've been looking at stuff that feeds it to them.

I about Twitter like the plague and my facebook/reddit/you stuff is very specific.

20230306_145351.jpg

Here's my YouTube feed for example. 90's grunge, food, history, Ukraine, and Star Wars. I dont have to use block function (not that I would) because it's not hard to avoid online garbage.

Sone people like lighting fires, other people like feeding fuel onto them others like blowing oxygen onto them. I got taught to smother them ymmv.

Remove ads