D&D General D&D Icons of the Realms: 50th Anniversary' Booster Set, July 2024

Stormonu

Legend
The renders look great, sadly most of the actual minis won't look so good. And Wizkids has been moving towards GW level of pricing in the past few years. I'd love to pick these up, but I fear they will be too expensive.

The one I am most interested in picking up is the Red Dragon, there's a lot of memories associating with it, including it being the reason I started doing my own art.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I saw the link on minisgallery.com this morning and came over to see if there was a thread…of course! I like both 1e and 5e versions. I do wish that seated Strahd mini was available sooner as I have some new players that have never been to Ravenloft and would enjoy having him seated at the dinner table mini at the first in castle meeting with Strahd.

I tend to pick up individual minis from various sellers on eBay since I typically don’t want all the minis in a set. This one would be nice if wizkids had sets put together and priced decently as 2 sets of 8 brink sets (64 minis total) is around $400 to even have a chance to get all 50 or so minis in a set.

Last edited:

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I saw the link on minisgallery.com this morning and came over to see if there was a thread…of course! I like both 1e and 5e versions. I do wish that seated Strahd mini was available sooner as I have some new players that have never been to Ravenloft and would enjoy having him seated at the dinner table mini at the first in castle meeting with Strahd.

I tend to pick up individual minis from various sellers on eBay since I typically don’t want all the minis in a set. This one would be nice if wizkids had sets put together and priced decently as 2 sets of 8 brink sets (64 minis total) is around $400 to even have a chance to get all 50 or so minis in a set.
I totally pick and choose. As well…

My big problem is while I collect, I try to have a playing collection.

So if I get one 1e goblin I would want more (and so on) what a silly problem to have I realize.

Last edited:

The renders look great, sadly most of the actual minis won't look so good. And Wizkids has been moving towards GW level of pricing in the past few years. I'd love to pick these up, but I fear they will be too expensive.

The one I am most interested in picking up is the Red Dragon, there's a lot of memories associating with it, including it being the reason I started doing my own art.
At least that one appears to be releasing on its own so no guessing and an established price, pricey as it is.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Good catch, I didn’t notice the mix of the FR shaped coins and round coins in the treasure pile. I preordered the dragon mini last night but didn’t pull the trigger on a brick yet.

Remove ads