D&D in Target?!?!

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Just heard a rumor in the Twitterverse...

Essentials will be carried in TARGET Stores...
Optimists could hope for a new "golden age" of mass popularity created by mass marketing. (I don't believe that emphasizing the FLGS -- great though they undoubtedly be -- could ever constitute "mass marketing.")

ENWorlders: Grab the new Red Box early before WotC changes the cover art. . . .

fjw70

Adventurer
Glad to see D&D going into more mainstream stores. As a kid I did most of my D&D shopping at the big toy store in town (we didn't have a TRU).

I have been advocating for WotC to sell a "beginners set of D&D 4E" at department stores and toy stores since 4E came out!

I have also been advocating advertisements and product placements in movies and series like "The Big Bang Theory" since then...

Glad to hear they are prepared to try to go mass-market again.

(I just hope the "D&D = Satanism" thing doesn't return as well, although in these days of easy research on Wikipedia, it is less likely to happen)

Edit: Who am I kidding, if D&D becomes popular again, Fred Phelps and his faithful handful will probably rally outside GenCon next year...

Last edited:

abyssaldeath

First Post
(I just hope the "D&D = Satanism" thing doesn't return as well, although in these days of easy research on Wikipedia, it is less likely to happen)

Edit: Who am I kidding, if D&D becomes popular again, Fred Phelps and his faithful handful will probably rally outside GenCon next year...
Hey, what I do in my basement with black wax candles and a silver bowl filled with goats blood is nobodies business but mine.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I hated the 4Ed rollout, but I give credit where it is due: if true, this could be a huge boost for WotC. Kudos!

OTOH, I have to wonder about the other big chains...

Remove ads