• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Insider! UP ! (merged)

Traken

First Post
Leatherhead said:
I wonder if they will ever make virtual minis that look different when they are blooded, dead, prone or whatever.

I could see something that being handy, especially the blooded and dead ones.
If not, there might be a good substitution. Assuming (big thing here) that they implemented changing a mini's color, you could just use different colors for each condition.

But having prone/bloodied figures would be really nice.

Traken said:
If not, there might be a good substitution. Assuming (big thing here) that they implemented changing a mini's color, you could just use different colors for each condition.

But having prone/bloodied figures would be really nice.
I'd be pumped if the virtual game table allowed knocking minis on their sides, and adding coloured elastic bands to indicate marking!

Now that's innovation! ;)

windoze9x

First Post
So is the actual game table not debuting for awhile? That's the only thing I'm really excited about as far as the online offerings.

Whimsical

Explorer
Since the Gleemax forums is currently failing to sign me in, I will post my observation here.

I was surprised to hear that the DDI site was live on EN World, since I have been using the short URL for DDI every day. It currently links me to the D&D site (like it normally has done), but it hasn't been updated to link to the DDI site. Specifically,

http://www.dndinsider.com/

...currently links to...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/welcome

...and it should instead link to...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider

Khairn

First Post
The DDI is not designed to meet my needs as a gamer. So no, I haven't seen much of the DDI that is of real interest.

But am I really that different from so many other players? Let's see ...

-I'm a gamer who plays face to face,
-without a computer at the table,
-and who doesn't enjoy reading reams of online content.

I used to think that I was part of the majority of D&D players. But with so much effort and money focused by WotC on the DDI, I'm beginning to believe that I'm now part of the minority.

Dice4Hire

First Post
If what is up right now had been up in up in about October to even December 2007, I would have b een far mroe receptive to it. If we had gotten 3-4 months of free use (FULL access use) with all features and such, I would be more receptive.

As it stands now, I will use what is free(apparently the dungeon editor, but i'm not totally sure) but otehrwise I am not interested in it at all. WOTC lsot me about November and any chance of getting me back aroudn the turn of hte year.

Lindorie

First Post
Valerion Steele said:
Mercule said:
Wow. The game table looks a lot better than I expected.
at least the posted screenshots...
at least for non-Mac users. :(

I'll just have to spend that $15/mo on a random miniature pack to get more of the same mini's I already have [ as if! ].

Remove ads