D&D is awesome

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Misreading a monster entry/rule and making it way more powerful then it should be is awesome. Especially when your PC's totally kick the monsters butt.
And it's awesome in any edition!

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Threadnecromancy is awesome. 'Evil' PC are awesome. Evil necromancer PC's are awesome. DM "You just killed the Ogre barbarian, another ogre and put the greater barghest and Drow Sorceress to flight." PC's "Damn less bodies to animate. Animate dead! Instant Ogre zombies!" awesome.

Oh and that 10 headed-hydra skeleton would have been awesome . . . even if they wouldn't let you in the city with it.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Coming into work and finding there is hardly anyone else here and thus sitting on the internet instead of really working (whilst having a rotten stinking headcold) is AWESOME.

Kind of.

Blizzardb

First Post
Alright, I'll join.

Starting a new promising campaign as a player, when you usually play as DM is AWESOME!

Being the last man standing at the end of a combat, while having 4 HP is AWESOME!

Having your players scared by the encounters you throw at them is AWESOME!

Edit: Almots forgot! Playing in Eberron is AWESOME!

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
D&D pulled me from a foxhole in Nam.

Seriously, I've been playing for 25 years now (far less now than ever, though). But it's been my number one pastime for 2 and a half decades. D&D is awesome!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Having a great idea about how to involve your Paladin player is AWESOME!

Giving your players magic items is AWESOME!

Having them use them on your villains to defeat them utterly is also AWESOME! Though sometimes it's hard to remember that when they do it...

The Shaman

First Post
There are many rpgs I prefer to D&D.

That said, I enjoyed playing an OD&D one-shot this past summer, and I still like to read the 1e AD&D books for Mr Gygax's purple prose.

Remove ads