• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Miniature Set List (complete?)

Cougar

Felis Concolor
In very short order you should be able to buy any specific figure you want, either from your FLGS or eBay, especially the commons and uncommons. It will be easy and cheap to fill out your hordes of whatever. I can't tell whether it will be easier or harder to collect the minis if the GAME itself does well or doesn't. Hmm, will have to ponder that.

I frankly LOVE the idea of these minis, although not because I care about the mini game they have coming out. I definitely like well painted metal minis, but I am not a good painter and never will be. These are the greatest, in my opinion.

Melkor

Explorer
MerricB said:
Of the rares, the only two that I wish were uncommon are the Troll and the Ogre; and the Ogre will be available in a preconstructed pack available later.

I think the rarity distribution is pretty good. I look forward to seeing the other set lists, and (hopefully) more monsters!

Any figures you'd have liked to see in this set that didn't make it in?

Cheers!

Agree 100% about the Troll and Ogre. I didn't see Bugbear in there....but the Gnoll made it in, and that is my favorite. :)

Zander

Explorer
angrypossum said:
What is the scale for the new minis? The guy at the FLGS was saying they're 80mm. Thought that was a misprint. Thanks in advance.

-Josh
I saw some of them at UK GenCon earlier this year in a display case at the WotC stand. They're definitely 30 to 35mm, not 80mm.

Zander

Explorer
Green Knight said:
As for rarity levels.

C = Common
U = Uncommon
R = Rare
Can you quantify these rarity levels? For example, in every booster pack, what are the odds of getting a rare? Or two rares? What are the odds of getting all commons? Or two or more that are the same?

Green Knight

First Post
angrypossum said:
What is the scale for the new minis? The guy at the FLGS was saying they're 80mm. Thought that was a misprint. Thanks in advance.

-Josh

Apparently the guy at your FLGS doesn't know that that was a misprint. Probably losing himself some potential business by repeating that.

But anyway, about the same size as the Chainmail figs. Though I've heard that they're true 25 MM, so they're closer to Ral Partha size than Chainmail. Don't hold my feet to the fire on that one, though. Everytime I've asked someone who has the miniatures, that, I've yet to get an answer.

Green Knight

First Post
Zander said:
Can you quantify these rarity levels? For example, in every booster pack, what are the odds of getting a rare? Or two rares? What are the odds of getting all commons? Or two or more that are the same?

Alright, this is what Entry Packs and Expansion Packs come with.

Entry Pack
10 Commons
5 Uncommons
1 Rare

Expansion Pack
4 Commons
3 Uncommons
1 Rare

So to answer your question, you have 100% chance of getting a Rare each time, and 0% chance of getting 2 or more Rares or no Rares at all. :p

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Melkor said:

Agree 100% about the Troll and Ogre. I didn't see Bugbear in there....but the Gnoll made it in, and that is my favorite. :)

It looks like all the "big" figures are rare. That is, figures that are larger than normal.

There are some rare that aren't larger, so this makes me wonder if you'll be able to feel how heavy a pack to see if there is a Ogre/Troll/whatever in there.

(Mage Knight would have a special slot for a larger than average figure)

Remove ads