D&D Miniature Set List (complete?)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Zander said:
Can you quantify these rarity levels? For example, in every booster pack, what are the odds of getting a rare? Or two rares? What are the odds of getting all commons? Or two or more that are the same?

As noted, a booster is 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 4 commons.

Because the distribution is 27 rares, 33 uncommons and 20 commons in the set, that means that for every individual rare you pick up, you'll also pick up about 2.5 of each uncommon and about 5.4 of each common. (1 uncommon for each 2.2 commons).

Cheers!

Green Knight

First Post
Math was never my forte', unless it was just addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, but I'm guessing that means that it wouldn't take very many Expansion Packs for someone to pick up pretty much every Common figure, right?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The minimum number of boosters you could pick up and get every common figure is 5: 5*4=20 commons, 20 commons in set.

More likely, it'll be 7-10... but it shouldn't be that difficult.

1 starter (10 commons) + 3 boosters will also give you the required number.

I was talking to my Sunday night group about this, and they were pretty enthusiastic about these. My thought is if everyone in the group picks up a starter + 2 boosters (and I pick up double that), we'll have almost 200 figures to play with.

Cheers!

Tidus4444

First Post
I broke down the differnt alignment's stregths and weaknesses on this chart based on number of figures:

LG:
Melee: IIIIII
Ranged:
Sorc: I
Cleric: III
Monster: II
Unknowns:
Halfling Veteran
Human Commoner
Sun Soul Initiate
Azer Rider

Lawful Good seems to be the master of melee, has a few Clerics, and few monsters. Likely the biggest downfall is no ranged attackers, at least as far as I can tell.

CG:
Melee: III
Ranged: IIII
Sorc: II
Cleric: IIII
Monster: II
Unknown:
Gnome Recruit
Human Wanderer
Wood Elf Skirmisher
Thri-Kreen Ranger

Chaotic Good has the most Ranged attackers, and there are plenty of Clerics to choose from. They don't have many meleers, but from what I heard, the Axe Sister more than makes up for it.

LE:
Melee: IIIII
Ranged: I
Sorc:
Cleric:
Monster: IIIIIIIII
Unknown:
Azer Rider
Human Thug

Lawful Evil has the second highest amount of monsters. They have very little ranged attackers, and no sorcs or Clerics. I imagine the monsters might have abilities that duplicate those roles, but we can't be sure.

CE:
Melee: IIIIIII
Ranged: II
Sorc:
Cleric: II
Monster: IIIIIIIIIIIII
Unknown:
Thri-Kreen Ranger
Human Bandit
Kou Toa
Tiefling Captain

Chaotic Evil has the most amount of monsters, and has many melee attackers. A few Ranged attackers, and a couple of Clerics make them well rounded. No Sorcerers, but I imagine that the monsters have abilities similar to sorc spells.

Last edited:

7thlvlDM

Explorer
Green Knight said:
Math was never my forte', unless it was just addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, but I'm guessing that means that it wouldn't take very many Expansion Packs for someone to pick up pretty much every Common figure, right?

I wasn't a statistics major so I could be wrong, but according to my Monte Carlo simulation, on average it would take you 20 expansion packs to get all the commons (assuming you could get multiple numbers of the same common in one pack). On the other hand, it would take you about 115 packs to get all the rares (standard deviation of about 40).

-7th

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
G'day people!

I'm now maintaining a page archiving all the D&D Miniatures information I can lay my hands on -http://www.geocities.com/merricb/mini.htm

The set list is there, I'm updating it with point values as I discover them - or more likely, as other people fill them in for me.

If you have any of the stat cards from GenCon, could you e-mail me with their contents?

In any case, here are the point values for figures that I currently know of.

3 Dwarf Axefighter C - 12 pts
5 Evoker’s Apprentice U - 10 pts
7 Hound Archon R - 31 pts
8 Human Commoner C - 3 pts
19 Crested Felldrake C - 5 pts
23 Elf Ranger U - 21 pts
27 Lidda, Halfing Rogue U - 4 pts
34 Dire Boar R - 23 pts
35 Lizardfolk U - 5 pts
45 Human Blackguard R - 46 pts
46 Human Executioner U - 15 pts
49 Medusa R - 62 pts
54 Owlbear R - 22 pts
57 Wolf Skeleton C - 9 pts
58 Zombie C - 4 pts
67 Hyena C - 4 pts
68 Kuo-Toa C - 5 pts
72 Orc Archer U - 8 pts
73 Orc Berserker U - 8 pts
74 Orc Spearfighter C - 5 pts
79 Werewolf U - 14 pts

A reminder that under the standard rules for the D&D Miniatures game, a warband must all be of one of the four alignments (LG, LE, CG, CE), have no more than 12 figures, and be of up to 100 points in value. Well, at least that's what I've been told... ;)

Cheers!

Felon

First Post
Hmm. Their little mini game seems doomed if those 80 minis are it.

OTOH, I'll be buying a crapload of them for D&D. Hope that convincing the marketing mooks at WotC to support this mini line better than Chainmail.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Felon said:
Hmm. Their little mini game seems doomed if those 80 minis are it.

OTOH, I'll be buying a crapload of them for D&D. Hope that convincing the marketing mooks at WotC to support this mini line better than Chainmail.

Right - I have to ask.

Why?

What's so objectionable about that list? What did you want to see?

(Note that Dragonseye will be out a couple of months after Harbinger)

Cheers!

Bloodsparrow

First Post
MerricB said:
Right - I have to ask.

Why?

What's so objectionable about that list? What did you want to see?

(Note that Dragonseye will be out a couple of months after Harbinger)

Cheers!

I think the thing is that he want's to see *more*. 80 different types of minis does seem a low number for a launch... Well, it does to me anyway.

Does anybody know the numbers of minis MageKnight or HeroClix started out with?

MacMathan? You out there? How many figures did that Mech Clix game have to start?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Bloodsparrow said:
I think the thing is that he want's to see *more*. 80 different types of minis does seem a low number for a launch... Well, it does to me anyway.

Does anybody know the numbers of minis MageKnight or HeroClix started out with?

MacMathan? You out there? How many figures did that Mech Clix game have to start?

Yes. MageKnight Rebellion had 160 figures. But, and this is important, most figures were just 3 versions of the same sculpt.

When you started talking about actual different figures, there were only 60 figures!

Heroclix had the same number.

The D&D Miniatures game has 80 different sculpts in its first release, 60 more are added with Dragonseye, two months later. After that, 60 new figures get added every 4 months.

Cheers!

Remove ads