[D&D Minis] No Orc Raiding Party...

coyote6

Adventurer
That sucks.

If you don't like it, I suggest <a href="mailto:custserv@wizards.com&subject=Feedback%20regarding%20miniatures">letting WotC know.</a>

JoeGKushner

First Post
Thanks for the link.

"I just heard that the theme packs are going to be dropped.

Well, unless something is done to stop the random assortment, I'm not buying any more figures. I bought one starter set and five boosters. All I want are the monsters. I wound up selling over 16 figures on e-bay for less than they would cost giving me a loss. I'm not paying $9 for a plastic figure of an ogre when I can get the unpainted chainmail one for $3 at places.

I urge you to reconsider or at least come out with the theme packs with different colors or non-tournament play bases or something so that people interested in the figures and the ease that Wizards promised us, is realized.

Yours truly,

Joe G Kushner"

Wombat

First Post
Okay, I haven't been excited about the minis, but this really just frosts it for me.

Granted they are cheaper than metal and pre-painted, but a lot of the minis are of creatures I never use in my games. Of the ones that I do use, I never would know if I was going to get one I wanted or not.

Personally, I was willing to give the fixed boxes a good look.

Hasbro is just out to mess with things... :mad:

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Tewligan said:
"Dear WotC,
I'm very interested in your upcoming line of pre-painted miniatures. However, as a gamer, I do have one suggestion in regard to the packaging. PLEASE make it as difficult as possible for me to collect a cohesive set of miniatures that follows any sort of theme or logical grouping. A game is at it's unpredictable best when the orc stronghold is guarded by an elven archer, a hound archon, and a shambling mound - after all, who uses orcs? Thank you for considering this feedback, and best wishes on the new game!

P.S. - Any chance of a model representing a dwarf from the elemental plane of fire? With all the pre-written adventures that use those, I'm surprised there isn't a figure for it yet."
P.P.S. - I was wondering if you could include some more Crested Felldrakes. I'd like to be able to give them out to trick-or-treaters.

Vrylakos

First Post
"Hello,

I think it unwise for you to not produce the themed sets such as Orc Raiding Party.

I have bought some of your plastic miniatures. While I find use for them in my gaming, I do not enjoy the collectible format you were selling them in, and thus I have not bought any beyond a starter set and two boosters, which netted me a single commander figure - hardly useful if I want to play with another person usingf my figures. Thus, I use the figures only for roleplaying purposes.

I had decided, however, that the theme sets such as the Orc Raiding Party and Outlaw Band, were a good value and gave me what I wanted - therefore I decided to purchase them when they came out.

Unfortunately, you've recently decided to not produce these sets, based on "player feedback".

As a player, here's my feedback: Produce the theme sets if you want me to spend more money on your figures. Otherwise, there are other sources for figures that are *not* randomly assorted.

Thank you,

D. Miguez"

Well, hopes that works...

Vrylakos

7thlvlDM

Explorer
Hate to give away a good secret but...

Ok, at first I was bummed like everyone else that the warbands weren't coming out. But then I realized I could already buy the contents of both warbands as singles from places like popularcollections.com for about the same price (assuming their inventories hold out). They're selling orcs for like $0.50 a piece.

-7th

Harlock

First Post
Wow, that sucks. It may change, however. I, for one, am not spending nearly as much money on subsequent expansion releases as I did for this first series of minis. It was my intention to simply pick up a few boosters here and there and round out my sets through trading and ebay. picking up the boxed warbands along the way.

Oh, and folks, if you're writing in anyway, don;t forget to ask about blister packaged creatures of huge size and larger. I know Mage Knight puts out some nice, big, single packaged models that would work perfect for something along the lines of an Ancient Red Wyrm or Colossal Titan. Meh, just an idea. I'd plop down 20 bucks for a great big durable plastic dragon that was scaled for 30 feet by 30 feet.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
And the Pointy Haired Boss strikes again....
Whatever slim chance they had of selling me their figures just vanished. Poof!

The Auld Grump

Wombat

First Post
7thlvlDM said:
Ok, at first I was bummed like everyone else that the warbands weren't coming out. But then I realized I could already buy the contents of both warbands as singles from places like popularcollections.com for about the same price (assuming their inventories hold out). They're selling orcs for like $0.50 a piece.

-7th

I guess that works well...

...assuming you have a FLGS that does that.

There are essentially two games stores (well, three, but one is really small and one is more of a general board game and jigsaw puzzles) stores near me. None of them have "open stock" from the packs. Only one sells any "open stock" of ccgs, and that is in very limited amounts.

So this possibility is not even an option here.

Glad you can get the benefit, though, 7th :)

Remove ads