D&D Minis: Preview 2

I'm more of a fan of Propernoun Actualword, or Word-hyphen-Word of Propernoun. Or even Propernoun Noun-verber. Like Pelor Hospitaler, or Warrior-Saint of Pelor, or Pelorite Sunbearer.

RangerWickett said:
Ahhh, the sweet return of word-word names. Everfrost Ranger. I'm surprised it wasn't "Shiningmace Priest of Pelor" and "Herosword Human Fighter."

I'm sorry. I'm all for 4e, but after someone pointed out their name scheme, I find it a little hard to take them that seriously.

Hes a ranger from Everfrost, which from what I gather is a place. Given the number of figures they crank out, "Ranger" probably wasnt going to cut it. If it was "Grehawk Guard" or "Waterdeep Noble" would you complain? You guys are just griping for practice at this point.

Last edited:

rkanodia

First Post
RangerWickett said:
I'm more of a fan of Propernoun Actualword, or Word-hyphen-Word of Propernoun. Or even Propernoun Noun-verber. Like Pelor Hospitaler, or Warrior-Saint of Pelor, or Pelorite Sunbearer.
Slight tangent: the 'new' dire animals have kind of silly names, like 'vicejaw crocodile' and 'thundertusk boar'. But when I think about it, there are really only three alternatives: one, everything could just be a 'dire whatever' like in 3E; two, the names could use some kind of cheeky Pokemon-style mashup, like a 'slashygator' or a 'crushephant'; three, the names could just be made up wholesale, leading to crap like 'krenshar'. I don't think any of those choices are preferable to 'adjectivenoun animal'.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
rkanodia said:
Slight tangent: the 'new' dire animals have kind of silly names, like 'vicejaw crocodile' and 'thundertusk boar'. But when I think about it, there are really only three alternatives: one, everything could just be a 'dire whatever' like in 3E; two, the names could use some kind of cheeky Pokemon-style mashup, like a 'slashygator' or a 'crushephant'; three, the names could just be made up wholesale, leading to crap like 'krenshar'. I don't think any of those choices are preferable to 'adjectivenoun animal'.

Crushephant! I choose you! ;)

Larrin

Entropic Good
perhaps the ranger is in short sleeves because he only *comes* the frozen tundra, but isn't there at the moment. The majority of Minitures maps aren't all that cold in location, so he dressed appropriately for 'warmer' climates.

The Wildice snow bear is probably only sporting his spring coar of fur too....

Remove ads