D&D Minis: Preview 2

Sonny

Adventurer
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
I like this set so far. Btw, does anyone know if the Gargantuan Orcus still coming out or was it canceled?
Both Orcus and the Dracolich are on hold. I think they're trying to figure out how to make 'em profitable. I hope they at least get Orcus out though. He's my favorite demon lord bar none.

Sonny

Adventurer
megamania said:
The Dracolich is on hold also.... arrrrrrgh.

Were any pictures published? I have seen Orcus but not the Dracolich.
Sadly, no. They're was a whole lot of guessing as to which dragon type it's based on though. The blue dracolich from War of the Dragon Queen set was great, so I have high hopes that if it does come out it'll be a keeper.

Jhaelen

First Post
rkanodia said:
Slight tangent: the 'new' dire animals have kind of silly names, like 'vicejaw crocodile' and 'thundertusk boar'.
Those are just the names for the DDM line. They have to name them that way so you'll be able to differentiate between the dire crocodile from the Desert of Desolation set and the one from the Demonweb set.

In the DDM game these minis will also have slightly different abilities which doesn't necessarily have to be true for their rpg stats

rkanodia

First Post
Jhaelen said:
Those are just the names for the DDM line. They have to name them that way so you'll be able to differentiate between the dire crocodile from the Desert of Desolation set and the one from the Demonweb set.

In the DDM game these minis will also have slightly different abilities which doesn't necessarily have to be true for their rpg stats
Ah. Well, at this point, I think I am rooting for 'vicejaw crocodile' to make it into the MM, rather than 'dire crocodile'.

PoeticJustice

First Post
Sonny said:
Sadly, no. They're was a whole lot of guessing as to which dragon type it's based on though. The blue dracolich from War of the Dragon Queen set was great, so I have high hopes that if it does come out it'll be a keeper.

Slight tangent: Dragotha would be pretty cool, but there's an implicit tie to Greyhawk, so I guess that's out...

IanB

First Post
Re: the ranger, sometimes if you're out in the cold but you need to be moving your arms around alot, you go bare-armed:

snow_bowl.jpg

Remove ads