D&D (2024) D&D Mysteries of the Multiverse Reveal

The last segment of today's D&D Direct presentation featured Chris Perkins and Jeremy Crawford, both D&D game architects. They talked about what adventures to expect the rest of this year, what's coming next year, and beyond, all centered around the D&D Multiverse.

Vecna - 1080x1080.png

After a recap of the adventures to date, Perkins and Crawford showed some art from Bigby Presents: The Glory of the Giants, coming this year. Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk will explore the mysterious obelisks that have been appearing in adventures over the last nine years and connects to The Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Planescape 2.PNG
That will be followed by Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse, which will lay groundwork for a major adventure in 2024. Lastly for 2023, they'll delve into the chaos-causing Deck of Many Things, and the story behind the legendary item.

A major D&D villain will be making his return in 2024. Vecna's true cosmic horror will be unleashed in 2024 with a world-hopping adventure that will celebrate D&D's 50 year history and reveals deeper plots for years to come.

DnD_Roadmap - 1080x1080.png

But Vecna is just one-part of D&D's interconnected storytelling. A lot more will be revealed in the next five years. For example, the Red Wizards of Thay will be featured in a 2025 adventure, and Venger from the D&D cartoon will return to be the main antagonist in another future adventure. The League of Malevolence, introduced in The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, will seek power across the multiverse in stories to come.

BigbyPresents_byBrianValeza.jpg

All in all, Crawford and Perkins teased many more adventures to come, some of which will interconnect, building a big story that plays out throughout the D&D Multiverse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beth Rimmels

Beth Rimmels

Oh yeah! I briefly wondered if the MtG and D&D multiverses could merge, but March of the Marchines does not seem to have brought the Magic multiverse to the D&D cosmology in any meaningful way, so that seems unlikely.

Aftermath is still to come, but so far, it seems like the connection I was hoping for hasn't happened.

Still we won't know the full consquences until later. Heck maybe its Vecna instead you creates a bridge to the MtG multiverse.

I didn't get that at all. I would go with the fact that Venger has red on his outfit, that's likely the extent of it.
Perkins said it started as a joke cause of the color but then they got to thinking, "Who hates Tiamat more than Venger? Who's a redder Red Wizards than Venger?" With the D&D cartoon comic being set in the Forgotten Realms now it seems like an easy connection for them to make.

Perkins said it started as a joke cause of the color but then they got to thinking, "Who hates Tiamat more than Venger? Who's a redder Red Wizards than Venger?" With the D&D cartoon comic being set in the Forgotten Realms now it seems like an easy connection for them to make.

I think some old fans of the cartoon will hate this, they did not want the cartoon absord into FR, especially because the toon predates the published FR, but to me its a curiousity. It does open the door to darker stories line for Venger.

It also begs the question that if Dungeon Master us Venger's dad, was he a former red wizard? it also means Venger is mulan as would his dad, which means Venger's own ancestors came from eartb as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases