D&D 5E D&D Needs New Settings

Other matter we should remember is about the translations. For example Edgeent can't translate into Spanish D&D books based in Magic: The Gathering, or at least not without talking who has got the licencing for the Spanish translation of M:tG.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
They already did that with Maztica. I cant remember how much colonialism was introduced in the original box set, supporting adventures and novels, but the new Faerunin colnies in Maztica got write up in one of the books in the Lands of Intrigue boxed set.

I would go with a new setting about colonizing a newly discovered land that is not currently inhabited by sentient, moral creatures, like the ruined land of an ancient civilization or whatever. Colonizing the empty land while dealing with the other powers that reach for the same lands would be a good way of doing it. Have a bunch of factions (nations, companies, cabals etc) with each their own agenda, have a neutral ''starting town'' with a few outpost for each faction and you are all set. Extra points for not having the factions be 1) Elf nation, 2) Human nation, 3) dwarf nation etc

yeah, more or less like a game of Age of Empire 1-2!

R_J_K75

Legend
I would go with a new setting about colonizing a newly discovered land that is not currently inhabited by sentient, moral creatures, like the ruined land of an ancient civilization or whatever. Colonizing the empty land while dealing with the other powers that reach for the same lands would be a good way of doing it. Have a bunch of factions (nations, companies, cabals etc) with each their own agenda, have a neutral ''starting town'' with a few outpost for each faction and you are all set. Extra points for not having the factions be 1) Elf nation, 2) Human nation, 3) dwarf nation etc

yeah, more or less like a game of Age of Empire 1-2!
That sounds kind of interesting

Aldarc

Legend
Well, that's no fun. Seems rather against the spirit of the thing.
Then how about I make another proposal? I would like to see another setting like Dawnforge. If you don't know, Dawnforge was one of the finalists for the setting contest that Wizards held and Keith Baker won with Eberron. But Dawnforge was meant to be something of a prequel to the "default world" that D&D presumes.

Jakandor would be perfect for the thread native vs visitors/intruders.

I guess WotC's staff has got lots of homebrew settings, and these may become canon. And WotC also paid for the other winners of the contest what allowed the creation of Eberron, but they are secret, NDA.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Game of Thrones subcontinent but without the "only the nasty can prevail" social undercurrent. Kingmaker and Power of Faerun offer places to start with setting-specific rules for Being a Ruler. Might bring up 'build a fortress' (or palace) rules too.
Goal to introduce the 1e vibe to a new audience - old-era level titles indicated you could run organizations, not just be a permanent freelancer.

Remove ads