D&D 5E D&D New Edition Design Looks Soon?

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

DF9A3109-D723-4DBC-9633-79A5894C83FF.jpeg

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'll try to stay optimistic, and I'll try to keep an open mind.
But I'm not really interested in a massive overhaul, or a completely new game at the moment. The further they drift from "just add the supplemental materials and errata," the less likely I am to buy it.

Last edited:

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
You could be right. But I wonder what proportion of players/groups actually use DDB at all. I don't. For example, and several of my gamer friends had never even heard of it until I brought it up a few weeks ago.

There's still a value in the surveys, is what I'm getting at.
My group is about 50/50 on using DDB, with me on the no side. I wouldn't be surprised if DDB users comprised no more than half of all D&D players, but it could easily be different.

I would assume the biggest reason for buying DndBeyond was to get the numbers on what people are actually playing. There's less need for surveys if you know what people actually use.

It will be interesting to see if they start having UA in DDB again, although the technical limitations and effort may not be worth it.
I don't know if Beyond is really a full picture though... the surveys and even just talking to fans at cons can give a more diverse responce

Our group plays many games... this will just leave D&D out of our circulation if it isn't supported on other VTTs (Foundry). I know that is a small percentage of the players out there however, sadly people don't try enough new games.
right now I JUST bought a sub to Roll20 but we have been playing for free for a few years now... we know it. If they had to take everything down and the only game table was Wotc that would kill the game for us too

Remove ads

Remove ads