D&D 5E D&D New Edition Design Looks Soon?

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

DF9A3109-D723-4DBC-9633-79A5894C83FF.jpeg

dave2008

Legend
Wouldn't they need to get started on that rather soon, then? D&D Next, as I recall, last two years, and 5.5E (or whatever it's going to be called) is coming out sometime in 2024.
5e was a completely new edition, 2024 edition is likely a minor tweak. It will not need as much testing. Additionally, the Next playtest was unusual. PF2 went from playtest to product in just a year IIRC.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
5e was a completely new edition, 2024 edition is likely a minor tweak. It will not need as much testing. Additionally, the Next playtest was unusual. PF2 went from playtest to product in just a year IIRC.
The thing I am most excited about regarding the 2024 edition is how bad the fight is going to be over "how much of a change" it is going to be among fans. I mean, everyone could just wait and see. But they won't. They will argue endlessly in the lead up and ALL end up being wrong.

payn

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
The thing I am most excited about regarding the 2024 edition is how bad the fight is going to be over "how much of a change" it is going to be among fans. I mean, everyone could just wait and see. But they won't. They will argue endlessly in the lead up and ALL end up being wrong.
Only online, I probably wont ever hear a peep about this from my gamer friends.

Remove ads

Remove ads