D&D 5E D&D New Edition Design Looks Soon?

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

DF9A3109-D723-4DBC-9633-79A5894C83FF.jpeg

dave2008

Legend
Wouldn't they need to get started on that rather soon, then? D&D Next, as I recall, last two years, and 5.5E (or whatever it's going to be called) is coming out sometime in 2024.
5e was a completely new edition, 2024 edition is likely a minor tweak. It will not need as much testing. Additionally, the Next playtest was unusual. PF2 went from playtest to product in just a year IIRC.

Reynard

Legend
5e was a completely new edition, 2024 edition is likely a minor tweak. It will not need as much testing. Additionally, the Next playtest was unusual. PF2 went from playtest to product in just a year IIRC.
The thing I am most excited about regarding the 2024 edition is how bad the fight is going to be over "how much of a change" it is going to be among fans. I mean, everyone could just wait and see. But they won't. They will argue endlessly in the lead up and ALL end up being wrong.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The thing I am most excited about regarding the 2024 edition is how bad the fight is going to be over "how much of a change" it is going to be among fans. I mean, everyone could just wait and see. But they won't. They will argue endlessly in the lead up and ALL end up being wrong.
Only online, I probably wont ever hear a peep about this from my gamer friends.

Remove ads

Remove ads