D&D 5E D&D on the cover of Sports Illustrated

HammerMan

Legend
Man, the world is upside down. As a kid, there were nerds, and there were jocks, and the line was clear lol. First there was NBA Hall of Famer Tim Duncan, and now jocks and other "manly men" celebs like Terry Crews, Joe Manganiello, The Rock, and Henry Cavill all play and are proud of it.
🤷
😂
when I was in school (back in the dino ages) we did have a few football players at our table. Most of them couldn't be at every game, but then we as a group went to support them at there games...

it is interesting that moving to college we lost most of our jocks

Matchstick

Adventurer
when I was in school (back in the dino ages) we did have a few football players at our table. Most of them couldn't be at every game, but then we as a group went to support them at there games...

it is interesting that moving to college we lost most of our jocks
Same. Most of my gaming group in the eighties were in one or more high school sports, almost all at a high level too. Soccer, football, baseball, track, golf, and basketball were all represented.

Most of us were in also in band, though I don't think we had any choir members.

HammerMan

Legend
Same. Most of my gaming group in the eighties were in one or more high school sports, almost all at a high level too. Soccer, football, baseball, track, golf, and basketball were all represented.

Most of us were in also in band, though I don't think we had any choir members.
you know whats funny, I was the only one in theater... I could not get any theater kids into AD&D

One of my friends and a player in one of my groups is a former professional football player. Seeing him play a tiny halfling sneak-thief is a hoot; he gets really into role-playing.

I think that even back in the day, the line between jock and nerd wasn't as solid as it was made out to be. We just tended to keep our gaming interests concealed.

Remove ads