D&D 5E D&D Products That Were Never Used By Anyone?

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
2e Chronomancer.

Used it extensively, character and setting rules both.

Since I used them under 5 times. 1E Dungeoneer and Wilderness survival guides.

Used them. The DSG taught me how to make isometric maps, and that a pickaxe does 1d20 damage. Why wouldn't you use it?!

My 3e Oriental Adventures book is pristine. I bought it, read it, never, ever used it, nor, do I hear anyone really talking about how they did either.

Used it. Sold it. Regretted it. Bought a used copy at a premium.

Epic Level Handbook? Did anyone actually use this?

Oh, gods, don't I wish. I was forced into playing in ELH campaigns so many times in the D&D3.5 era. Took a shaky game and made it actively bad.

I still have the World Builders Handbook and Dungeon Builders Handbook, but only read parts of them.

Used them. ...Still use them, actually -- I have PDFs of the forms.

1. The Celtic and Roman historical splatbooks for 2e. Not super rare but i've never known anyone to own them.

I owned the Roman and Norse books. Used them both. Ran a whole Roman campaign for my Latin classmates once.

4. The set of three "environment books" for 3.5 (one was ocean, one was ice, and the third was deserts) which had some good ideas in them.

Don't forget about Cityscape! Acid sharks! I've used all four of these books.

My contribution to the list is Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow, for D&D4. Pretty much the last D&D4 book Wizards published, after the Essentials debacle. On top of its stars being wrong in the worst way, I hear it is also pretty forgettable content-wise.

Runner Up: TSR JAM 1999.

Last edited:

Remove ads