D&Ders: Medical Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants.

I've gamed with -

• Medical Doctors

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Lawyers

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Accountants

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 58 40.0%

Breakdaddy

First Post
I've gamed with all three. Still game with the accountant on occasion. He is an accountant, but is a timber research guy, so looks more like a lumberjack than an accountant, go figure.

Arnwyn said:
Accountants. (And I am one.)

If it were up to me, I'd only game with accountants.
Just imagine all the sweet one-liners:

"Reconcile this, scumbag!"

"It's accrual world."

Um...well, at least you'd know the party's encumbrances are footed correctly.

Phlebas

First Post
In the recent past, one doctor, two engineers, one IT, one Medical Tech, one graphic artist, one recruitment consultant, one schoolboy, one person 'between' careers and, scariest of all, someone from HM Inland Revenue.....

going further back includes a Church Deacon, Teachers, factory managers, accountants and a pyromaniac (he knows who he is...)

I don't know any lawyers, which is lucky as they'd probably be shot on sight :p

I'm one of the engineers (and why do they always get left off the list of professions.... :\ )

Jeysie

First Post
I used to game with a DM studying to be a lawyer, but she died in childbirth before finishing her exams (and the campaign). :(

Other than that, I'm a secretary, and we've had in our group three students (one college, two high school), a barista, an IT professional, an independent online bookseller, and a security guard.

Peace & Luv, Liz

dinsdale

Stalked by a giant hedgehog
My last group was 3 physicians, a lawyer, and 2 Ph.D. physical scientists (both of whom do medical research)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Do insurance salesmen count for anything?

Anyway, I got some med students. One studies Japanology and Sinology.

One of the meds has amazing skills, like ignore you (unintentially) while you're sitting right beside him (really, he was pouring that guy some coke, even though he didn't want the coke, and told him so - actually, shouted in his face that he didn't want any. He finished pouring and than asked him what he wanted).
He can also manage to cut himself. Unintentionally again. With swords. And I mean decorative swords. That "sword" isn't just not sharpened. It's "edge" is actually round.
And once he wondered why his contact lense is so hard to get out of the eye. He finally got it out - and then noticed it was already out and hanging on the mirror. It seems you can rip off a bit of your cornea with any ill effects.
Of course, he's the best DM I've ever played with.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
All 3.

But then again, we tend to invite people into our group who are of the "professional" character class.

Not exclusively, but that seems to be the usual pattern.

Remove ads