• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&DI Character Builder Beta

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Anyone have the install available for download? I am really looking forward to this tool, but I hate to buy before I try.
At some point the version limited to 3rd level should be made publicly available.

I advise you to wait for that instead of asking what sounds like a request for software piracy... ;)

ki11erDM

Explorer
sign the petition I posted on the WotC board to release more levels sooner rather than later. Thanks!

I want them to finish the thing and then let us have it. I have no desire to force them to push production and put out a bad product. 0.

They will put it out as soon as they possibly can. They know that people want this more than anything else but that does not mean they should rush it.

James McMurray

First Post
He's talking about releasing them as part of the beta test. Apparently wotC has a functional version in house that goes to level 30, and he'd like the chance for the community to run it through its paces rather than just the first three levels like it is now.

I'd like that too, but it ain't gonna happen. If we're lucky they'll bump it up a few levels (maybe the whole heroic tier) when they switch to an open beta. But even that's doubtful. Companies are usually loathe to give things away for free to everyone that has an internet connection, and that's what a full release in open beta would do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads