• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&DI Character Builder Beta

James McMurray

First Post
I'm running XP. Is your error message along the lines of "could not load type 'System.Windows.Splashscreen' ...

I hit send error report every time it happened, and also emailed custserv with a screen shot.

xortam

First Post
I seem to be stuck on installing Net framework...

Edit - cheers for letting us know Rafe- will be patient!

Last edited:

Rafe

First Post
I seem to be stuck on installing Net framework...

I thought I was, too, but just let it go. It took 10-13 minutes for me, but at no time was it "not responding." So just let it ride til it finishes. I haven't done a reboot and tried to run it yet, so not sure if I'll have any problems with the app itself.

Nytmare

David Jose
I thought I was, too, but just let it go. It took 10-13 minutes for me, but at no time was it "not responding."

Yeah, I let it sit and it eventually chugged through it. Mine is up and running, are the Vista people still having problems?

xortam

First Post
I've got Vista - just rebooted - was patient like Rafe said and it is up and running. Looks very nice!

Just created a character in about 15 minutes - gives you recommended equipment, ability scores, feats - perfect for those TPK situations!

Seems to be working fine - only thing not too keen on is the portraits but you can add whatever artwork you like.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads